𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10 : 𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

Engfa's POV

Halfway through the exit of the dance room, I was just about to make my way out before Char questioned me after a week of no interaction. Now the silence in my brain has me screaming because I was so frustrated at myself for not giving my best potential to my performances. 

All of me suddenly felt numb, not knowing how to respond to Char's question. But as soon as she came close to me, I let my body take the accountability and hugged her body to get rid of my suffering. 

For a while, I didn't know that time had passed for almost two hours if Char hadn't nudged me. Feeling embarrassed, I've never meant to hug her for too long. Maybe, I am just too tired and stressed. Oh well, all is done now and I cannot undo my action. Let life go on as usual, I guess. 

My insecurities are showing now to Char, and expecting she's looking down on me, she proved otherwise. Addressing me softer than when she first questioned me, Char offered a ride to my house. Eventually, I let go of my ego swallow me and accepted her offer. 

Discreetly looking at Char's reaction, she acted normally and didn't ask further questions about my strange behaviour. And while on our way to her car, I saw a grey Audi car that screamed 'Charlotte's property only —no one should ever come close to stepping into this car'.

When I acted weird on my own, she was a little annoyed with my actions and scolded me, "Just go in, please! I am not eating you up okay!"

Breathe in slowly ~ and breathe out~

Having had enough of my abnormal behaviour, she went into her car and left me alone outside of her car. As I didn't want to upset her any longer, I went into her sleek car, trying not to ruin it. 

When I was in the car, she was busy starting her navigation and then looked at me afterwards, waiting for something. Not understanding what she wanted, she signed and said, "Your address, please..."

"Ohh...it's at Thong Lor. Wait...you forgot my house?" I sincerely thought she was playing with me. It wasn't until her annoying reaction gave it away that she didn't remember my house. Quickly, I offered to guide her when we were close to my area to not upset her more. 

After that, our rides were quiet and honestly, I couldn't afford to cause another misunderstanding with her, so I silenced myself. Maybe the first thing to do would be to ask for forgiveness later and make her forget everything that happened. 

She's always inconsistent with her treatment of me, making it hard for me to read her. Sometimes, she's kind and the other time she was annoyed. What do you want from me, Char...

...

Arriving at my place, I suggested she stay for a while because I wanted to talk about her and apologize. Somehow, she was willing to stay and I guess it's my queue to take this opportunity and come clean.

"I am very sorry, Char for accusing you-" I was stopped at my sentence by Char when she shooed me. 

Neglecting what I said earlier, she began to ask me instead without hearing my apologies, "Why are you crying?" 

Suddenly, my thought halted from thinking further and recalled back why I cried in the first place. As I remembered my problems with the dance performances, I confessed to her, "Because it's hard...the dance...I don't think I could master it in time..."   

"It's inevitable." The only answer I got from her and finally our eyes met. 

Slowly, she held my hand and brought me to the sofa. After realising what she'd done, Char immediately withdrew her hand from me and proceeded to continue with her saying. "I admitted my classes have been tough lately, but you shouldn't feel burdened by my learning pace. It was my normal pace for professional dancers. And you...you're not a dancer." She pointed out my issue.