𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11 : 𝓘 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓽

Engfa's POV

Looking at her with my pupils dilated, I was disbelieved by the face I saw. Right then, my mind immediately thought of Murek, my classmate. As I tried to find the answer to myself, my brain immediately clicked when I realised they had the same name.

Am I seeing her right?

Usually, I wouldn't question someone's identity because they stay true to themselves. But, with Char... to even lie about herself makes it feel like she's playing with me. "YOu! You are Murek!?" I was baffled as I didn't know who she was anymore.

Since the way I talked to her felt like I was scolding her, even my silent thoughts felt displeased by her lying. Even so, it was too late for me to pull back my words because I felt guilty when she already fled from my sight without hearing what I was about to say next.

Usually, I could pretend to be dumb and forget everything I discovered. Yet, I don't know why it hurts me, emotionally. Why do I feel pain for someone I haven't known well yet?

Feeling helpless, after minutes of contemplating to go to her room, I finally decided to wait until tomorrow because it was already late at night.

Suddenly, as I walked down to my room, someone called my name and it was none other than Char, herself. While she was still covering herself with the wet towel, she asked for my pyjamas for her to wear.

Looking at her usual demeanour, she went straight to grab the pyjamas from me and leave me. She acted as if I hadn't just caught her red-handed with her real identity, making me confused even more.

However, even though there's a difference between student Charlotte and dancer Charlotte in their appearance, the face answered all the doubts. I knew then they were the same person.

But oh, what if I am wrong?

Due to my hesitation, I decided not to tell her I discovered her identity because there must be a reason why she pretended not to know me and hid her true self from me.

Acknowledging her rights, I then reminisced about earlier when I saw her full face and memorized every inch of it. Okay...so this is how she looked without a mask and her black hair too might be her real hair colour...

Indeed, there's no doubt she's beautiful...

...

The next morning, I woke up early because I was too restless to even sleep while thinking about who Char was. As soon as woke up, I went to her room and only saw an empty bed...

"Wait...where she is?" I went around every corner of my house to find her, but to no dismay, there was no sign of her existence. Calling her from my phone, and right away she answered me, "What's wrong?"

"Why did you leave without telling me?" I was a bit disappointed by her actions. Just a bit.

If I had only been an hour early, I would've seen her this morning. I mean, I don't mind if she's leaving my house, but at least have some courtesy in letting me know where she goes cause who knows if something happened to her.

Taking her time to answer me, she finally replied, "I have a class to attend..."

And my adrenaline suddenly increased dramatically when I remembered I also had class today. Looking at the time on my phone, I realised my class would start in another hour.

Immediately, I took a shower quickly, not caring about my makeup and hit the pedal to my university. With 5 minutes left to spare before the class began, I rushed to my classroom as I gasped for more air.