1.

“It’s your fault.” Jake pointed an accusing finger towards Sunghoon who didn’t seem to mind. “Yeah, it IS my fault.” He said, rolling his eyes at the sudden accusation.

He, Jake and Heesung were standing outside chemistry class, obviously not raising their hands as they were told to and why would they? They weren’t in kindergarten anymore to follow this stupid ‘punishments’.

“Well, no one told you to raise your voice in class like that.” Heesung said, defending his friend. “How am I not supposed to shout when you shoved that large piece of ice cube in my t shirt out of nowhere?” He answered annoyed, knowing that neither of them are going to accept their fault.

“Dude, that piece of ice cube wasn’t even large.” Said Sunghoon, followed by Heesung chuckling. “Oh, shut up. Where’d you even get that ice cube in the middle of the class anyway?” Before Heesung or Sunghoon could answer, the teacher came out walking with an exasperated expression on her face which made them think that they were a bit too loud.

“You three need to be disciplined. How can you all be so shameless that you don’t care about your studies? And Jake, how do you even manage to score good marks even with passing this much time?” Sunghoon and Heesung held back a laugh with the question being thrown to Jake.

“I don’t know, maybe you should try asking your daughter because as far as I can remember, she was almost begging to be tutored by me. In my house..” He said, emphasizing the last sentence.

Sunghoon and Heesung gasped at Jake’s sudden boldness. This was definitely not the answer the teacher expected because Jake seemed to be a modest student in her eyes. He was intelligent, a genius to be honest but that never made him change his behavior to a more obedient and humble one.

He was clearly a jerk to people whom he didn’t care enough to be kind about. Not that he was a jerk on purpose, but he never tried to cover up the anger or annoyance he felt about someone. And that someone happened to be Heesung and Sunghoon.

“DETENTION YOU THREE.” She yelled before rushing to the classroom, heated expression on her face denied to hide her embarrassment. Sunghoon and Heesung turned to Jake with an infuriated expression.

“It’s your fault this time.”  Sunghoon said, frustration clear in his voice. Not that detentions were new for him, but the fact that Jake was the reason of his detention angered him. “Yeah, it IS my fault.” Jake mocked him with a taunting smile that irked Sunghoon more than ever.

Before the things could go ahead, the bell rang indicating the lunch break. “Let’s deal with him later, bro.” Heesung said, putting a hand on his shoulder and taking him in the hall of cafeteria leaving Jake alone.

Jake let out a sigh. Over the vacation, he forgot how exhausting it was to deal with these annoying pieces of shit.  He would never tolerate them but since they had a common friend, Sunoo, he had to bear them. They started at the wrong foot from the very start.

Jake was usually the friendliest one among the three but he just couldn’t bring himself to like either of them. Jake hated their guts and they hated Jake’s. Sunghoon usually was the quietest among the Sunoo’s group but his introvert personality suddenly disappeared when it came to annoy or insult Jake.

Most people would think that Heesung was the mature one. That he was but once again, until it came to Jake. No one ever knows what happened between the three for them to develop such a rivalry. Their fights didn’t get physical till now, but Sunghoon couldn’t wait until that day came.

They were from rich families, they had everything that they ever wanted, they didn’t have shit parents and to be honest, they had the friendliest parents Jake could ever have seen.