Chepter 25

VEGAS POV

Porsch was asleep with he head in Kinn's lap. It was early afternoon, so I didn't understand how he could be tired. Maybe Kinn kept he awake all night. I frowned then drew my gaze back to the screen where the race was playing out. The number of participants was staggering. They had to start from different spots, all the same distance from Kansas City, to divert the attention of the police. A few of them would be arrested like usual, but that was part of the game. Eventually the different routes would merge to one for the last 100 miles before the end.

Car racing brought in good money, but I didn't really care for it. I preferred cage fighting.

Nop ate another bite of the cake Porsch had baked. "Do you think Macau has a crush on that whore?"

"C.J.," Kinn said.

"Whatever. He's been in the Sugar Trap an awful lot. They're definitely fucking. And come on, he spent the night with her again. What is he doing with her? Cuddling? He can't fuck her for hours. I'm surprised he gets one up at all. If he had to pay for her, he'd be broke by now."

I shrugged. I didn't care if Macau fucked a whore or not. I'd never seen him talk to any of the other whores, though. It worried me, not to mention that it wasn't the first night he'd spent with the whore at the Sugar Trap. Fucking her was okay, but spending so much time with her could definitely prove to be a problem.

"Trust Macau to fall in love with a whore and be monogamous when she's got about a dozen dicks up her pussy every day," Nop said.

Kinn made an impatient sound, obviously keen on watching the race in peace. One of the participants was currently being chased by three police cars. Bets if the fucker managed to escape or not were probably burying us already.

"You don't know what's going on. Maybe he only enjoys her skills."

Nop scoffed. "She's not bad but there are better whores out there."

"It's not like he has many to compare her to," I said, growing tired of the discussion.

"One of these days he's going to bring her over here and keep her," Nop said.

The perspective switched to another drone camera, and my brows drew together. It briefly showed a few burning cars, some of them black limousines. The others were race cars. Then it changed back to the police chase.

"What the fuck was that?"

The front door swung open with a bang, steps thundered toward us. Kinn put an arm over Porsch and pulled his gun. I rose with my own gun raised. Fabi stormed into the living room, panting. "The Outfit attacked our territory!"

I froze.Nop jerked to his feet.

"What?" I growled. If Dante had set a single foot on Chiragmaai ground, I'd walk into Chicago tomorrow. Then another thought struck me. "The race."

Fabi nodded. "The organizer from the Kansas race called a few minutes ago. There was an attack on the race. I think he called me because he thought it would stop you from killing him."

Tough luck. I'd deal with him once I was done with the Outfit. "How long ago did they attack?"

"About an hour ago. There's chaos over there. But the race is going on with the remaining cars."

"Why didn't they alert us sooner?"

"They didn't know what was going on at first. When they realized it was the Outfit, they tried to divert the other race cars first so they could keep the race going."

Porsch stirred. "What's wrong?"

I pulled my knife, shaking, furious that Dante had attacked again. Kinn stood, pulling Porsch to he feet. "Go to our bedroom."