21 | The Aroma of Dosas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment.

Word Count - 3670

Song - Slow Motion Angreza [ Bhaag Milkha Bhaag]

Play it during the dance sequence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 | The Aroma of Dosas

Has it ever befallen you?

You were breathing in the fresh air, untroubled. Maybe not that merry, but you were content. You were free, spreading out your arms apart, reveling in the brilliance of luminosity, and living in that moment of blithe. But then something crawled in---from behind you, slowly. You felt the presence. You looked behind, but you found absolutely zilch. So, you turned back, carefree.

Seconds passed.

And then you felt it again. An ominous presence, and it's dark umbra. It's slimy fingers slithered over your skin as your entire frame shuddered under its sinister touch. You gulped as all of a sudden, the light around you started dimming down. And then you sensed the ghastly, dark, and viscid entity engulfing you in its cataclysmic embrace. Concrete walls paralleling those of a penitentiary started rising up around you in a trice.

Breathing became a task of extreme agony as the radiance of light gradually transformed into the darkness of doom.

You struggled.

You screamed.

You cried.

You bled without bleeding.

You were killed without getting killed.

But no one heard you.

And as the murky and slimy embrace of the unknown entity consumed you whole, you realized you were trapped. Trapped----trapped in the dark---with no way out.

Fear.

That feeling is called fear.

Hinduja had gone through that feeling once, ten years ago. And, oh, sweet Lord, she was neither prepared nor willing to go through that feeling once again.

Yet here she was, ten years later---the deadly, prickly yet slimy essence of fear steadily strangulating her whole. Just when she thought that she was slowly learning to breathe in the fresh air again. Just when she was letting light embrace her once again and just when she mused that she was getting closer to her aim---the retribution and the impending justice.