Chapter 1: A New Beat

Another day comes as Carter makes his way school. As he reaches the school, he is greeted by the now usual crowd of students asking him for his autograph or wanting to take a selfie with him. After making his way through the crowd, he finally arrives at his locker. After putting his stuff away, he makes his way to his homeroom class. As he was walking, he spots his girlfriend, Sicily, at her locker. With a slightly mischievous smile on his face, he tiptoes his way over to her, poking her sides upon reaching her as she lets out a small squeak, "Carter, don't do that!" she says after turning around to face her boyfriend. "Hehe sorry." Carter says. "*sigh* You're just lucky I'm in a good mood seeing you right now." Sicily says. "I know you are." Carter smugly says, "So, are we still good for heading to the movies tonight after the club meeting?" he then asks Sicily. "Of course. Is your mom giving us a ride?" Sicily asks in response. "Yes she will be." Carter responds. "Sweet. Well, I'm off to my homeroom. I'll see you during lunch." Sicily said. "See you then." Carter said as he kissed her on the cheek before the two walked off to their separate homerooms. As Carter arrived at his destination, he makes his way to his desk before sitting down. A few minutes later the bell rings. After the principal makes his announcements through the intercom, a man in his early thirties with black hair and brown eyes wearing a white polo with a black tie and khaki pants comes into the room, "Good morning students." he says. "Morning Mr. Jackson." Carter and the rest of the students say in unison. "Now today we have a new student joining our class as of today." Mr. Jackson said before turning to the door, "Come in please." he then said. Just then, the door opened as a young man with tan skin, brown hair, lilac eyes and was wearing a gray shirt with red sleeves and black pants and black sneakers walks in, "Hello. My name is Lucas Cervantes. I look forward to getting along with you." the boy, who addressed himself as Lucas, said. "Now then Lucas, why don't you take a seat next to Carter over there." Mr. Jackson said as he pointed to the empty seat next to Carter. Lucas then makes his way to his desk before sitting down. "Hi. I'm Carter." Carter quietly says as he holds his hand out. "Nice to meet you." Lucas says as he shakes Carter's hand. After a few hours, lunch break rolls around as Carter makes his way to the club room. As he walks through the hallway, he hears music playing. "Hmm? Where's that music coming from?" Carter asks as he looks for the source of the music. As he keeps walking, he hears that the music was coming from the gym. After peaking through the window, he sees Lucas dancing to music. "Wait. Is that Lucas?" Carter asks before hearing a voice behind him, "What are you doing Carter?" it asks him causing Carter to jump. As Carter turns around, he sees Aphia standing behind him, "Oh Aphia. I was just on my way to the club room when I heard music playing." Carter said. "And it led you to the gym?" Aphia asked. "Yeah. Then I see the new guy Lucas dancing. Here, have a look." Carter said gesturing toward the window. After looking through the window, she sees Lucas continuing his dance. "Man, that guy's got some moves." Aphia said, "So he's a new student here?" she then asks turning to face her friend. "Yeah. He's in my homeroom with me." Carter replied. "Cool. Well, we better get to the club room now before Sara gets mad about us being late." Aphia said. "Good point. Come on," Carter said as he and Aphia made their way to the club room. Upon arrival, they are greeted by the other members of the club, "Hey guys." Seth said as Aphia closed the door. "Sorry we're late." Carter said. "It's okay. Now then. Let's begin the meeting." Sara said as Carter and Aphia walked over to some seats. "Alright. I'd like to begin with a huge announcement in regard to the music club." Sara said catching the interest of the other members, "As our popularity has gotten greater than it has for the past 3 months, I have recently came to a decision for the club." Sara continued. "And that would be..." Zeke asked. "I have decided that we should recruit more members for the club." Sara said smiling.