Chapter 26- Hold the Line

"Saerom, me, Rei, Liz, and Leeseo are here at Hanlim. No sign of the androids." Gaeul says through her phone. After hearing the news of the impending attack, IVE immediately went out to the targeted areas they knew of.

"They're probably not going to be that obvious. Just keep looking." Saerom says before continuing. "I split Fromis squad in two to help out. My group is here at Namsan Tower while Hayoung's is doing rounds near populated areas like Myeong-dong. I also just got a call from Yunjin that she, Kazuha and Eunchae made it to the Han River. I'll co... you if w ... fi... thing."

"Saerom? Hello? You still there?" Gaeul asks, but all she got back was static.

"What's wrong, unnie?" Liz queries, still trying to keep her eyes peeled for any suspicious activity.

"Someone just jammed our signals, which isn't a good sign." The older girl replies.

"It looks like we're on our own then. Let's try to blend in for a bit and see if the androids come out first." Rei suggests, the rest of the group nodding in agreement before splitting up. Little did they know that some of the 'students' had their eyes on them.

~~~~

"How are we gonna be able to tell who's a real person and who's an android? We're sitting ducks out here." Kazuha says as the Le Sserafim trio walks along the Han river's bank. It was a little past noon and despite the sun beating down on the city, many people were still hanging around the area.

"I have an idea for that actually. You just gotta give me a bit of time." Yunjin replies, her eyes darting from person to person as they walk.

"And what do we do if we do find an army? There's only three of us right now." Eunchae asks. It usually took three of them to defeat just one android, so a huge group of those robots on the prowl would be infinitely more difficult to deal with.

"I-I don't know yet. Our main goal is to lead them away from the populated areas, so let's burn that bridge when we get to it." Yunjin says.

"I don't think we're going to have to wait long... we're being followed." Kazuha replies in a quieter tone. Sure enough, when Yunjin glances behind them, she sees a couple high school students on their tail.

They're androids alright... Yunjin thinks, not wanting to say it out loud. Instead, she uses her powers to reach out into the minds of civilians and get them to avoid walking near them.

~~~~

"What's wrong, unnie?" Jiheon asks her leader after her expression shifted to one of confusion.

"Someone cut off the signal." Saerom replies before talking a glance around. There were tons of tourists and visitors around Namsan tower right now, a perfect place for an ambush.

"What exactly are we looking for anyway?" Nagyung then queried. She knew that there was supposed to be an android attack soon, but they were all disguised as humans. Add that to the fact they didn't even know who in the crowd was a mutant they would be targeting made this operation even more difficult.

"Leave that to me. I'll have a look around. You girls just keep your eyes out for anyone suspicious. The androids will look like high school and college students." Saerom says before disappearing into the sea of people.

~~~~

Truthfully, Saerom also didn't know exactly what they were supposed to do against the upcoming threat. After all, their guns would be ineffective, and her powers didn't exactly help unless the androids wanted to remember when their last oil change was. What she did know though is that she didn't want anyone getting hurt, and that was enough of a reason for her to be on the front lines today.