1.

yky/n 3 secs ago

Outfit of the day🥰

Outfit of the day🥰

"Girl, if we get this family to book us for their wedding plans, we're gonna be rich," Kristen yells as I roll my eyes and smile down at the notes of the bride and her mother for the wedding.

She wants a simple yet huge wedding, with white everything. Her dress needs to be different, really different. The bride has the most beautiful brown skin, and the husband is supposedly a huge NBA star. This is gonna be so amazing. If only the family gives us a chance.

"They're here!" I take out my portfolio and straighten out my skirt as I stand up. The women walk, with an annoying glare, judging our venue. Damn, we got Karens. Kristen side eyes me, because she knows what I'm thinking. Bread comes first, so we gotta keep it classy.

The woman, who's younger which I assume is the bride, is drop dead gorgeous. Her body is shaped like a supermodel, while her mother who is identical to her is almost the exact same. Obsessed with her figure, I stare. She's so beautiful. It's uncanny.

"Hello, welcome to Monroe Wedding Planning. I'm Y/N Monroe. This is my partner Kristen Jones," I say, smiling huge and reaching my hand out. Both women stare down at my hand with disgust so I pull it back. "Gosh, that dress is so beautiful. This ruby red is such a beautiful color on you. Dolce right?"

The older woman's eyes widen and her face changes. "Why yes it is. From their new collection. You've got a great eye."

"It's my job. I would definitely recommend, if you choose our company for the wedding, to have red incorporated somewhere. You're both gorgeous women," I reply, trying to lighten the mood. "Can I get you anything to drink? We have tea, wine, water and coffee."

"A tea would be pleasing," the mother says. "I'm completely astonished by your etiquette. Especially at your age. It's rare to find someone who can be both beautiful and poised."

"Why thank you, Mrs. Graves. It's a pleasure to have someone so professional and daunting in my vicinity," I respond, as Kristen clears her throat.

"What kind of tea would you like, Mrs. Graves?"

"I strongly recommend our black tea. Kristen here gets the most clean and organic kind right out the factory, it seems." I let out a small laugh and so does the mother. The soon to be bride just glares. She's going to be a problem. But the mother likes me. This is going to work.

"I'll take just that."

"And for you," I ask to the cold woman.

"Mother, I've seen enough. Let's go."

"No," her mother commands. "This is a nice place, with great service. You will sit and listen to what the woman has to say."

"This place looks old and crowded. Everything here could be bought from goodwill. I don't want my wedding being planned by garage hustlers."

And I don't want to offer my services to up tight trust fund babies, but yet here I am.

"Stop being a brat, Naomi. Just wait until your father hears about this. No man wants to marry a whining woman."

Kristen returns into the room with tea and a glass of water. I guide, the now quiet bride to be and her mother into my office. The mother smiles as she sits in front of me while the daughter stares at my chairs.

"Sit down, child."

"I'm not sitting on that flea infested piece of furniture."

"I apologize for her rude behavior," the mother kindly says.

"It's normal for woman to be extremely judgmental and cautious about their wedding planners. It's more their day than the husband's. I completely understand," I respond, remaining calm.

I wanna rip her perfectly straight hair from the roots.

"Sit down." And she does, rolling her eyes.

"Here's some of my past venues, dresses and personal touches on weddings. What's your favorite flower, Miss?"

"She loves red roses," her mother answers for her. But I watch as Naomi's eyes stare at a picture of daises from a previous wedding. I hate when parents try to plan their kids wedding. Even though the girl is rude, her mother is showing me why.

"You said in the email you wanted white and classy. How about white roses and daisies? That would add a little bit of youthfulness, and add a little something to remember."

"That would be perfect, what do you think," the mother asks her daughter. But I know that she has no choice but to agree. I notice as Naomi's face softens, almost having a small smile at the thought of her favorite flowers at her wedding. It would be something to make her wedding her own, even though nothing else will be.

"For a dress I was drawing up some ideas for you, but seeing you in person. Wow. You're the definition of black and beautiful. I was thinking something that showed off your natural body, the shape if you will. And then a little razzle dazzle on the length of the dress? Did you have any ideas of your own?"

Her mother's phone rings and she looks down to answer it. "Naomi, it's your father. Stay here. Nothing is to be discussed until I'm back in this room."

As she exits, Naomi can finally breathe.

"Hey girl, look. You don't have to like me, you don't even know me. But this wedding is your day. Your day to celebrate your love and unity with the man of your dreams. It's not for your mother or anyone else to decide for you. I'm here to plan your wedding, not your mother's. So please, tell me everything that you want. And I'll find a way for your mother to agree."

She politely nods.

"Daisies. And I want the dress to be off the shoulders you know? But still classy."

"Maybe a see-through sleeve on both sides? With a little bit of jewels or maybe a floral design?"

Her eyes light up and I can see some kind of smile form. She nods frantically.

"The bottom needs to be flowey if we're gonna go with a fitted top, to add contrast. Look at these-"

"Oh my gosh. These are so- these women look so happy."

"They were happy. They were in love. They made the wedding their own, even with their mothers telling them what to do. If you book me, this wedding will please your mother, but put a smile on your face also."

Her mother returns, with an exhausted look on her face. "Men I tell you. Don't get married."

I laugh, thinking it was a joke. No one joins. Tough crowd.

"What are you looking at? I said no plans."

"She's just skimming while we were waiting. I want to make sure I'm right for you guys."

Naomi whispers to her mother, and I close my eyes tight, silently praying to get the job. We need the money, the recognition and the attention. We've been a little slow since Sexy Red decided to drop F My Baby Dad.

Love isn't viewed the same anymore. Most of my client are older, in their 30s and 40s or 20 year olds in arrangements. Or sometimes the occasional 18 year old couple who are getting married because she's pregnant. I've seen a few couples my age in love, and it made me envious of what they had. I've always wondered what it was like to fall in love, I've just been the math maker.

"You got the job, Miss Monroe."