I

𓂃𓂃𓂃𓊝 ࿐𓂃𓂃𓂃
𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆝⋆.˚ 𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆞
𓆉𓆝𓇼𓆟 𖦹°‧𓆝𓆡𓆜

3RD PERSON POV

Pearl, princess and daughter to Queen Ariel and King Eric within the United States of Auradon; will be attending her first year of school after being homeschooled all her life. She is the oldest, with her sister Melody back home to live in the castle with their mother and father. Pearl had been shocked when her Mother actually allowed her to attend a real school. Perhaps it has something to do with her parents' friendship with Belle and Beast, it's possible they may have convinced her. The families were close, they were practically Pearl and Melody's aunt and uncle.
As for Pearl, it wasn''t easy to convince her mother to let her attend sooner. Since Melody's birthday years ago, she was frightened of the things beneath the sea as well on land.

When Ariel caught wind that VK's would be joining the student body she had delayed Pearl's enrollment to Auradon Prep. But now, after months of waiting, she could finally get a taste of real school, real friends, not just talking to crabs and gulls in her room.

Pearl wore light colored clothes, only traces of browns and greys were the darkest things in her wardrobe. But she didn't dress much like a princess or at least tried not to. She actually preferred looking a bit ordinary. But truthfully, she was no ordinary girl. Her hair was barely a striking red like her mothers; but rather a deep and dark shade of redwood that unless in the sunlight, you'd think was black. Thankfully the mop of jet black hair on her little sisters head didn't make Pearl stand out as much as she feared. They were each a princess, of both humans and merfolk. However only one of them knew it.

Melody had no clue of their actual lineage. She never knew the truth of how their parents fell in love. Ariel wanted to keep it that way, to keep her on land. It was already difficult enough to try and explain why she could talk to sea creatures. Eventually the secrets would be revealed, Pearl knew this.

What Melody also wasn't aware of is that she wasn't even a mermaid; despite being the daughter of one. That would break her heart. The whole family was mortal.

Tomorrow was Pearl's 18th birhtday, it would be a day for her to remember. Her life would change forever; she would change forvever.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

PEARL'S POV

I sighed whilst packing the only bag I was allowed to put together myself. Sometimes I feel guilty for the things that I have. It sounds utterly ridiculous believe me I know. But being a princess feels so unfair to everyone else. I didn't ask to be one nor do I think I deserve it. I'm not even good at it. If anyone should be a princess, it should be anyone but me. I wasn't the most graceful, plus I lacked enough confidence in myself for everyone to notice it. My sister tries to take after me as well. I know she looks up to me, she's not a typical princess either.

A rather boyish girl that one.

I looked down at my personal belongings, always many trinkets among my things. A small lacy pouch in my bag contained some earrings, a few rings, and an old shell my mother had given me from Atlantis; her home. I'm thankful she doesn't keep any secrets from me at least. But I know that's only because I'm the oldest. She always talks about how much more mature I am for my age. So she felt no need to hide something so important. I just feel bad for Melody, always being kept in the dark, I sighed, my eyes wandering to the clock. "Oh no I'm gonna be late..!"  I put aside my packing and quickly make my way to leave the castle. I was lucky. I was allowed once a month outside the walls of the castle and this was to visit my grandfather. Unlike Melody, I couldn't really slip away and sneak under the wall to go play around in the ocean. My mother keeps an eye on my schedule and I have far too many responsibilities to wander off.