Sparks

Ruby, Abinus, Penny, Clover and Qrow were all out on a supply run, driving in a truck. Clover and Qrow were in the back while the other three were in front.

Penny was looking out the window, humming happily and Abinus looked over at Ruby. "Hey, Ruby?" "Hm?" Ruby said as she turned to him. Abinus' expression was apologetic.

"I know that for these last few months that we've been doing this that I've been kind of... clingy. And I wanted to say I'm sorry. I just don't want to lose you like I lost them."

Ruby wrapped her arms around Abinus in a hug. "Hey, it's okay." she said. "I'll always come back to you. Promise." Abinus hugged her back. "Okay. And for the record, I do trust you in that regard."

The two pulled out of their hug and the truck went silent for a little while. "Not that I'm bored, but why can't we just use an airship to take these supplies to Amity?"  Ruby asked Penny.

"The components for Amity Tower's construction are far too heavy." Penny explained. "All that weight would require precious Dust we should be saving for the launch itself. And the Grimm that will come after."

Ruby got closer and closer to nodding off to sleep. "It just makes for long... very long... supply runs." she said. "At least the tundra is scenic." Penny said. "Totally." Ruby said as she looked out the window.

She started to fall asleep and leaned on Abinus' shoulder. "Ruby!" Penny said, startling her friend awake. "I just wanted to say how excited I am to be working with you in a professional capacity. Both of you. As friends!" Penny said.

Ruby laughed. "Me too, Penny." "Ditto." Abinus said. "Relationships are so interesting and varied!" Penny said. "Like the one between you two!" Abinus and Ruby shared a glance.

"Yeah, he's not really one you'd expect to fall in love with someone like me." Ruby whispered to Penny. "Or anyone for that matter." "I heard that, but you do raise a fair point." Abinus said.

"Speaking of friends... Have you been able to make any new ones?" Ruby asked. "Since, you know...?" "Now that I'm the official protector of Mantle, I don't really have a team anymore. General Ironwood says I don't have time for friends." Penny said.

"And how do you feel about that?" Abinus asked. "I fell like I wish I could do both the things I need to do and the things I want to do. Is that normal?" Penny asked.

"That's about as normal as it gets, Penny." Ruby said. "Everything going alright up there?" Qrow called from the back. "Just fine, Uncle Qrow!" Ruby said, giving him a thumbs up.

As the truck approached Amity, they saw a wall that was blocking the road. "Uh, Uncle Qrow?" Ruby asked. Qrow and Clover came towards the front of the truck.

"What's going on? Grimm?" Qrow asked. "No. Worse." Clover said. "You three with me. Penny, stay put and keep an eye on our six. We may need an element of surprise."

"Affirmative." Penny said. "I will plan for six possible outcomes." The truck came to a stop, and the group of four exited. "Robyn! Well, if it isn't Mantle's home town hero." Clover said.

"Is there a reason you're blocking an official military transport?" "Clover, I'm so glad you're here." Robyn said. "Maybe you can help me understand why this truck that's supposed to be taking construction materials to fix Mantle's outer wall, is on its way to the middle of nowhere? Are you lost?"

Clover laughed. "It's pretty easy to get turned around out here in the tundra, everything looks the same. Thanks for checking up on us though. We'll be on our way now."

He started to walk away and Robyn sighed. "I was hoping you'd play it straight with me. What's Ironwood doing with Amity at the old SDC mine?" she asked.

Clover stopped and turned back to Robyn. "Oh, that. Just giving her an annual checkup." he said. "The next Vytal Festival isn't anytime soon." Robyn said.

"Only automated drones and a few select Atlas scientists are allowed out here. And Amity's getting invaluable resources we need in Mantle to protect against Grimm. Seems like more than just a check-up."

"You've been scoping it out." Clover said. "We can't fix the wall without the supplies on these trucks. I think Mantle deserves to know what they're being used for. It doesn't have to be difficult. Just tell me." Robyn said.

She stepped forward and extended her hand with a smile. "I'm going to have to pass on that." Clover said. Robyn's smile fell, but it came back as she noticed Ruby, Qrow and Abinus.

"How 'bout you, pipsqueak? Dark and mysterious? Five o'clock shadow?" Robyn asked. "And of you want to tell me why Mantle's being put at risk for Ironwood's pet project?"

"We're trying to help Mantle." Ruby said. "We need-" "That's enough, Robyn." Clover said, cutting Ruby off. "As a potential Councilwoman, you should probably focus on the election instead of harassing Huntsmen. Now, it's time to let us pass."

"I think you've misjudged the situation." Robyn said. "One way or another, these supplies are going to get where they're supposed to go- Mantle."

"Then I suggest you do that through the proper legal channels as a Councilwoman. If you get elected." Clover said. Robyn smiled. "Now where's the fun in that?"

Clover tensed his hand as Ruby, Qrow and Abinus put their hands on their weapons. Suddenly, Penny flew out from the back of the truck and landed on top of it, her swords levitating around her.

"Robyn Hill." she said. "I would like to politely ask that you call of the Huntresses approaching the rear of the truck." Clover, Qrow, Abinus and Ruby all looked back to see what looked like nothing behind the truck.

Robyn laughed. "Alright. Joanna, May!" Two more women faded into view. "The Protector of Mantle, huh?" Robyn said, looking up at Penny. "Let us through, please." Penny said.

Everyone remained tense for a moment, ready for a fight. Robyn sighed and the sheep Faunus that was with her opened the gate on the barricade. Penny came down from the truck and the group of five started to head back into the truck.

Once everyone was on, they continued forward. "That was a close one." Qrow said. "You're telling me." Clover said. Abinus looked out the window and saw who he assumed was the Happy Huntresses get smaller as they drove away.