Chapter 1

*Lucy's POV*

"Lucy, we need to discuss you taking The Northern Lycan Prince as your mate." says my father. "I've been waiting 8 years for you to find your mate and nothing happened."

I cross my arms over my chest while leaning against the wall, "Well, considering I am not trying nor do I care to have a mate right now, that would be why you don't see a mate, father."

"Time is running out, Luciana, I am not getting any younger, and you were supposed to have taken over the Kingdom, but the fact you haven't found a mate I refuse to give it to you."

"I don't understand why me having a mate would stop me from running The Lycan Kingdom."

"It is meant for a man to run. A woman cannot run a kingdom by herself," he says. "Which is why I arranged for you to marry The Northern Prince Joshua Adams."

I chuckled in disbelief, "So, you rather I mate with the biggest asshole and man whore that is apart of this Kingdom. Yeah okay dad, he has literally been trying to get me to pick him as my chosen mate for years now."

"You don't have much of a choice, Luciana. He and his parents will be here tomorrow for a dinner meeting to discuss the arrangements for the ceremony."

I sighed, "Whatever dad. All you ever do is choose my life for me. Have you ever thought that maybe I want to wait for my fated mate? No you fucking haven't, because all you do is think about yourself and about how bad of a job you feel I would do as The Queen of this Kingdom, so you would rather your only child be miserable in a relationship with someone that is the wrong fit to be a king." I said, leaving my father speechless in his office and heading out to the garden.

My name is Luciana Mikaelson, I am 24 years old and the future Queen of The Lycan Kingdom. But as you can see, my father wants me to take Prince Joshua Adams as my chosen mate. I do not agree with this idea because I have always wanted to find my fated mate, but my father tends to always go behind my back and tries to choose my life for me. The one thing he never seems to realize is that you cannot rush to find your mate. Even though I honestly thought I would've found my mate by now, but no luck on that part.

Right now, I'm currently sitting in the garden looking out at the pond that we have. Sometimes I wish I could've just stayed with my mom, but I couldn't. Due to the fact of what I am, my mom and grandparents try to keep me hidden away from the vampire world. My mom is half Vampire and half Witch, while, of course, my dad is a Lycan, which makes me a Tribrid and the firstborn Tribrid of all kinds, which in turn makes me very powerful.

"Lucy?"

I turned around to see my best friend, then turned back towards the pond, "Hi Maddie."

"Is everything okay?" she asked and sat next to me. "I saw you storming out of the pack house and had to come check on you."

"My dad wants me to take Prince Joshua as my chosen mate, but I don't want to, I want to wait for my fated mate." I said, tearing up. "He is always trying to choose what I do with my life, and it hurts Maddie. What if I end up meeting my mate during this time? What will I do? Reject him? This is not fair," I cried out and covered my face with my hands.

She starts rubbing my back gently as I cry, "It'll be okay, maybe if you do find your mate then your dad will reconsider."

I sighed, "I highly doubt it, considering there is a dinner meeting with Joshua and his parents tomorrow night."

"Damn that quickly." Maddie says. "Your father sure is in a rush to let an asshole take over this Kingdom."

"Exactly! That's the same thing I said, although I am surprised that my dad even agreed to me being mated to Joshua, considering he doesn't even like Joshua's father."