Chapter Two | The Peacemaker.

"Did you see his face?"

Silence rolled.

"Tell me, did you see his face?!"

The shriek rolled.

"No... no I did not."

A groan of relief followed.

"Fucking Christ, thank goodness. What the hell were you doing near Khazenia, huh?! Why the fuck were you in Kar territory?!"

"I was just... seeing those walls. They were so big, l-like the walls were huge and towers tall—"

"Do you have any idea how lucky you are? Do you have any shitting idea what you could've done?!"

"Lucky for what? Anyone can see the entrance of Khazenia, it is in the open..."

A scowl of disappointment thickened the air.

"You could've seen who he is and you would've been dead meat."

A frown came in return.

"He who?"

"He him."

"Why can't I see him?"

"If you see him, he'd have to kill you. No one fucking stays alive if they know what he looks like."

𓂃 ֙

𓂃 ֙

Ava seemed hyperfocused, looking a little agitated by the numbers in front of her not complying with her calculations.

She figured she should solve the question backwards.

That's what she made everyone think.

Yay her.

"Speed in an exam is like air. You can't live without it, especially if the competitive exam is timed, which is not favouring you," Mr Kieth, Ava's neurological marketing professor, stressed while handing out the marked files of everyone's internals.

His neat attire matched his tone and demeanour. A perfect teacher. A good-looking gentleman.

The classroom felt like it was on fire when he was around, he had that effect—challenging his surroundings.

With everyone solving the question on the board like a rat race to satisfy him.

"Daydreaming is dopamine in the exam hall. Drop it, and befriend your focus. Your brain is seduced by the fact that you have a task at hand, yet you'd rather do something to deviate from it. It is useless." He continued, finding already half the class being wrong in their answers.