𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥.

A/N: I'm skipping Kokonoi's backstory because it doesn't need to be mentioned in this story. Enjoy!

edited on july 20th, 2024 @ 8:54pm

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝓒𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃,
𝓘 𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆 𝙸𝙽 𝙼𝚈 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝙳.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

INUI SENDS A PUNCH AT KOKONOI, making him let out a pained grunt. "Wake up, Koko! Akane's already—" He started to say.

"Shut up!" Kokonoi interrupted, sending a kick to Inui who crossed his arms and blocked it, but he ended up crashing to the ground.

"Don't glare at me with that face!" Kokonoi shouted, sending another kick at Inui's face before kicking him repeatedly.

"I did all sorts of things! Whatever they asked! Anything that paid!" Kokonoi shouted, grabbing onto Inui's collar. "Then all kinds of people approached me. Kurokawa Izana."

"So you're that money-making genius."

"Madarame Shion."

"I'm the ninth leader, Madarame."

"The Haitani Brothers."

"We'll do business again."

"Shiba Taiju."

"Oh. You're smaller than I expected."

Kokonoi sends a punch to Inui's face. "Everyone who came to me had a simple request. Money." He claimed. "It was the same with you, Inupi. Ultimately, you totally used me to rebuild BLACK DRAGON."

"Come on, Koko. Akane's—" Inui's voice began to break.

"Shut up, Inupi." Kokonoi interrupted once more. "I don't need any feelings. Money's the only thing everyone wants from me! That's all fine! I... can't go back. I can't stop. If I stop—"

"Koko! Akane's dead!" Inui exclaimed.

Kokonoi reached up and touched Inui's face, making him gasp. "Akane-san... If you saw me now, would you scold me this same look?" He questioned.

Kokonoi walked up to Akane's lifeless body, placing a hand on her face.

"Did it hurt? You're finally at peace, aren't you?" He asked as he began to sob.

"Money. Money. Money."

Kokonoi's tears fell on Akane's bandaged face. "I'm sorry, Akane-san." He apologized as his voice broke. "If only... I had more money..."

"If only... I had more..." Kokonoi sobbed out. "More..."

Inui grits his teeth as he sends a punch to Kokonoi's face, sending him to the ground.

"Koko..." Inui mumbled.

"I know it! That Akane-san... is dead. But I... can't go back." Kokonoi said. "I've dedicated my life to Tenjiku now. You are my enemy."

"Koko..." Inui muttered.

"The regrets of others always seem to be ugly. But I guess you know better than anyone." Muto chimed in. "Isn't that right, Kokonoi?"