Dark satin dahlias

.・゜✧﹒☁﹒✧゜・.

- Only I don't want to be just a target to you.

- But maybe I do, want to be just that to you.

- Hmpf... Ha...

Her gaze darkened with anger as she looked away, chuckling. A jaded grin plastered on her face. She appeared tired.
Tired like the old woman sitting on the bench in the middle of the crowded street, that watches the passers-by for years, unbothered by the minutes flowing out of her breath or people's life whatsoever.
She felt old.

- Then just be.

She paused. Each creak of wood, just like each crisps within the deep black satin bedsheets, ran on her nerves like a drug overdose. As the soft guitar strum in the background ran its course, she sighed.

- You're not going to make a choice... are you ?

The sharpness of his silence sunk in her skin while she laid there, warm yet devoid of any hope, that she so wished she was still able to bleed into poetry. As the chill air in the room got colder, she felt herself losing her strength.

- I'll be just what I wanna be.

Only a faint beam of beige light peaked through the window, from far below the horizon, choked by the muted blue sky calmly floating outside. That same May-evenings light that used to make her feel so safe and alone at other times.

{You're already not honest with yourself} - she thought.
{How could you ever be genuine with me...? You don't even know yourself what you want.}

- For how long ?

She asked, knowing very well already, how she'd stay indefinitely suspended to his lips and fingertips, between the said and unsaid, the done and undone.

- Until you lose sight of it.

.・゜✧﹒☁﹒✧゜・.