⋆ . ˚ ✩ | Chapter 1

ִֶָ  𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆ ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

    A young witch by the name of Rhea beams, basking herself in the morning sun's essence and the sky's cool wind. Her eyes are focused on King's Cross' large clock before her father, Eric, shouts her name from behind her. The girl turns around, seeing her mother, Phuong, resting her head on the taller man's shoulder.

     "Rhea, dear. Always remember that we love you!" He grins as he waves to her, Phuong raising a hand to wave also. "Remember to always carry your wand with you! And don't miss your classes, ស្នេហា!" The girl chuckles, waving back to them before turning around. She runs straight inside of the train station, ready for another year of wizardry at Hogwarts. Rhea feels her heart race, the bottom her loafers hitting against the pavement. After all the studying and reading she did with Hermione throughout the summer, she believes more than ready to show it off.

     Rhea sprints through the entrance to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. She comes to a stop, looking around at the other wizarding families hurrying their children onboard the Hogwarts Express and waving their goodbyes to each other. Rhea grins at the sight of Hermione Granger, joined as always with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. She runs up to the fellow witch, immediately wrapping her arms around her with a cheerful chuckle.

     "Ah! Rhea!" Hermione giggles, her heart racing faster at Rhea's sudden embrace. "You scared the daylights out of me! Come on, we must get going before the train leaves." Harry and Ron laugh along, following the two girls up the train's stairs and inside. "Ron!" The four stop near a window as they hear the voice of Mrs. Weasley. "Mum?" The ginger moves to the window to grab his family's pet rat, Scabbers.

     Harry playfully scoffs, "Can't believe you nearly forgot him, Ron." earning a little glare from the boy. "It's not my fault we were in a rush!" Ron nudges at Harry, the dark-haired boy doing the same back. Hermione and Rhea can only roll their eyes and chuckle with one another as they walk ahead of the other two to find an empty compartment.

   ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆ ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

     Moments later, the four are still walking down the train's aisles. "...I didn't mean to blow her up. I just...lost control," Harry looks troubled as he tells the others what happened back at home. Rhea and Hermione give the boy a sympathetic expression while Ron just smirks, "Brilliant!" Hermione rolls her eyes once more, "It's not funny, Ron. Harry's lucky he wasn't expelled."

     The Weasley boy just shrugs, "I still think it was brilliant." before being cut off by a "SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!" coming from a copy of The Monster Book of Monsters that scuttles down the aisle. It's being pursued by Neville Longbottom, looking up at the four with embarrassment. "Hi, Harry. Ron. Hermione..." The boy gulps as he looks at the upperclasswoman, a bit of blush rising to his cheeks, "...Rhea." The group of four all greet him at once, "Hi, Neville", before bumping past him. Rhea nods to a compartment. "C'mon. Let's go in this one."

     The trio follows her lead, slipping inside as they find a man sleeping in shabby clothes. He's slumped against the window, his robe draped over him like a blanket. The students all eye him warily, he looks exhausted, almost ill. "Who'd you reckon he is?" Ron whispers. Hermione huffs, "Professor R.J. Lupin. It's on the case, Ronald," she points up to a battered case with the exact words stamped onto it.

     Harry continues to eye the man, "You think he's really asleep?" Rhea shrugs, looking at the older man as well. For an odd reason, Rhea feels her heart swell as she examines his features. Even when he's asleep, there's something really pleasing about his features, she must admit. "Seems to be. Not sure why he'd fake it." "Why?" Hermione grows curious as Harry bluntly states, "Close the door." Ron and the Granger girl share a glance before Ron gets up and slides the train compartment's door shut.