Chepter 31[🔞+]

Note: Sexual content ahead.💭🔞

PETE POV

I was inexplicably nervous when Vegas told me he wanted to announce our wedding to his brothers and Porsch the next day. We'd all gathered in the kitchen for breakfast, Venice on Porsch's lap and Greta on mine.

"You have a new wedding to look forward to," Vegas said without warning.

Every pair of eyes darted from him then to me. My cheeks flushed. I wasn't sure what Nop and Kinn thought of the situation. Macau and Porsch liked me, but the other two ...

"Will we be allowed to kidnap someone? Or at least spill some blood? Since you sampled the goods before, bloody sheets won't happen after all," Nop drawled, grinning.

Vegas reached over the table and hit him over the head.Nop only chuckled.

"Be careful I don't spill your blood."

Macau smiled at me then rolled his eyes at Nop.

Porsch got up, handing Venice to Vegas so he could hug me. "I'm so happy."

Nop and Kinn definitely didn't look unhappy, but their reaction wasn't as enthusiastic as Porsch's or Macau's, not that I had expected it to be.

When Nop got up to take a call, I followed after him but waited until he was done before I approached him. He eyed me curiously when he noticed me. He didn't look like a teenager anymore, especially now that he was sporting stubble.

"Are we good?" I asked.

"If you're talking about the soup incident, that's forgotten. Trust me, most people want to do worse to me, especially men, so I've learned not to hold grudges." He shrugged. "And we were the ones who held you captive, so you have more reason to be pissed."

"True. But my family kidnapped your capo brother and almost killed our capo, so I guess we're even?"

Nop's expression tightened briefly at the mention of my family and my own stomach churned painfully. "You are part of our family now. I don't give a fuck about the past. Just make sure you don't break Vegas's fucking heart."

"Do you think that's a possibility?" I teased.

His dark brows drew together. "Before you, I'd have bet my balls against it. To be honest, I wasn't sure if Vegas had something resembling a heart."

"He loves you."

Nop looked away, obviously uncomfortable. "We'll die for each other."

I smiled.

"We should return,"Nop muttered. "I don't want Vegas to think we're getting it on behind his back."

I snorted. "Sorry, Nop, nothing against you, but you don't stand a chance."

Nop gave me an arrogant smile. "You like what you see, admit it." He sauntered back into the kitchen before I could shoot something back. But for some reason his insufferable ego was almost endearing. It reminded me a bit of Sam, which was consoling and painful at the same time.

After my conversation with Nop,I felt better.Now I only needed to straighten out things with Kinn. He and I had never really warmed up to each other, and I wasn't sure if it was because Kinn didn't like me or if it was because of his nature.

Vegas leaned in when I sat down beside him. "Did he behave?"

Nop rolled his eyes at his capo.

"He tried," I said.

"That's all I can hope for. Maybe they'll try your patience as they do mine."

"Raising twins will teach you the patience of a saint. I doubt your brothers can test me."