Chapter 1

Warning

Trigger warning: Contains mature content and violent scenes. Disturbing murders and language.

Culprit🍀

"Guess which one I'm gonna shoot" The skin of my hand rubbed the metal, In way to scare the victim in front of me. Victim's eyes rolled down to see the dangerous metal placed down on his throat. "P..Please" He pleaded. "I don't even know you.." I chuckled. Almost in a whisper. "No one do" I pointed the gun harder on his skin, Making him close his eyes in fear of dying anytime I will want him to.

"You got a cigarette?" I asked, leaning back on my chair to sit comfortably. Making sure my legs touches victim's knee as he is on the floor infront of me. He gulped the lump down his throat, throat where there is finally no weapon scaring the shit out of him. His hand slide down in the pocket of his skinny dark blue jeans before they slide up with a cigarette. I took the cigarette in my hand. "Lighter?" I asked, my brows raised. "I don't have one." my frown widen "How were you going to light it then?" I asked, Keeping my voice relaxed and calm, Bending forward to reach the fireplace to get its fire on the cigarette. "I don't know. I dropped it when you were dragging me here" I hummed. Obviously you did. I took a puff and blew the smoke out of my mouth after sitting comfortably on the chair again. "You want a puff too?" My voice took victim's eyes away from the room which he is probably trying to figure out. It is dark in here with just the fireplace giving some light. "Where are we?" I poked my inner cheek at his indiscipline behaviour, At the way he ignored my question and asked one of himself. "I don't like it when someone interrupt my words. You know that?" Victim's eyes widen and his lips parted when he realised his mistake. He gulped, Seeing the darkness of eyes right infront of him. "You. Wanna. Take. A. Puff. Too?" I repeat. He bite down his lower lip. The voice. It holds anger. Danger. It holds Sin.

The victim gulped again before his head automatically obeyed the command in my question. The question screams the answer itself. Yes. My lips curved into a small smirk. "Close your eyes" He did. I threw the cigarette on floor, Slamming my foot on it. I reached forward and picked a wood up from fireplace. It still has fire on it. The Victim patiently waited for me because he can't do anything else infront of a lead beast. "Open your mouth." His lips separated from each other and opened enough for a cigarette to fit in. "Open it little more." he did. "Little more" it was a quiet pause. Victim's hands trembled as he opened his mouth till it can no longer get bigger. I sighed before slamming the wood right against his lips. "MMM!!!" His eyes popped out as I continued to fit it deeper. My one hand gripping his nape and other forcing the big burning wood in.

Detective🍀

A sweat rolled down my throat, My fingers caressing my lips. "That castle again." The voice took my eyes up from the pictures in my hand. "No one witnessed?" The opposite person shooked his head as no before leaning on the table where I kept the pictures. "This is the 56th murder in that same abdomen castle." I nodded in knowing. It is 56th murder and they all took place at the same god damn abdomen castle, Which is located in middle of the dense forest. No one would dare to go there, No one who is not a wild beast or a wild human. I Stared down at a picture of Man with a fully burnt wood in his mouth, Laying down on floor with blood drained on his face. "When did it took place?" I asked, Attaching the pictures on a white board while the Man opened a black file. "3 am." I hummed in response. As always. All the 55 murders occurred within 12 to 4 am. My blue gunmetal eyes scanning the board which is now filled with many more details about the case. "What is up with your retirement?" My eyes soften, my tongue slip out and wet my pink lips in nervous. "I don't know why they are doing this to me." I whispered in a soft voice making him nod in disbelief. The seniors said I am not worthy enough for this position. It is because of my luck though. There were no big cases to solve. "I know right. You should've not agree with their decision by the way" He kept the file on desk and walked towards me, Keeping his hand on my shoulders. I sighed and turned around to face him. "They were forcing the shit out of me. I needed peace." The frown on my forehead harden when my mind took me to the thought of taking retirement again. I am only 26.