HOMECOMING

The doorbell did not knock, but screamed. Now Nandini was in the kitchen, making tea. Who knows why the uneasiness in her mind increased today. The shrill sound of the doorbell scared her even more. Nandini asked to the maid to look , "Madhu , Go look who is it?"

Madhu was very young in age. Putting aside the broom in her hand, she slowly opened the door a little. She got scared seeing the man standing outside. A face like coal, black glasses over the eyes, a beard that has grown for several days and a bad smell from the body... Madhu immediately closed the door. So the visitor rang the bell again from the same hill.

"Hey who's that?" Nandini asked. “Sister, there is a man like a ghost…” “But  did you asked for a name?”

Madhu did not reply. Nandini went and opened the door and saw the person in front of her.

“You?” A scream came out of Nandini's throat. "Can't even call for once??!!" I was so terrified."

' can I Come in?' The visitor asked with a laugh but his laugh got stuck in his growing beard.

Nandini's throat choked and the voice stuck inside.

Captain Manik got married last year. As an obedient and wise son, he had given permission to his parents to take all the decisions regarding the choice of wife. However, his mother often directly or indirectly asked manik about his choice. Also, if you have any other girl in your mind, she insisted him to tell her without hesitation, and also said that I will find a girl for you, then we will not have any objection, but manik  was so busy in the forests of Assam that he did not want to participate in all this action of likes and dislikes. There was no time at all. His mom used to send him tons of photos to choose from. Manik used send all back to without any comments or criticisms.

"Mother, I want a wife whom you accept as a bridegroom." Always got the same answer from manik , “Yes you arranged to meet once before marriage..."

This was no big deal. Ma finally opted for nandini. Father also agreed. The date of engagement has also been fixed. Manik got five days off from the ordeal.

Arrangements were also made to meet the elders of girls side at the sports club and interact with nandini.

Manik washed his body thoroughly and washed away the stench of the forest. After applying deodorant to his armpits, he got ready and arrived at the sports club.

Nandini dreamed that her husband would be a soldier should Now, seeing manik standing in front of her, she felt as if the single stars had broken from the sky and began to dance at her feet.she  had planned to talk a lot but forgot everything. On the face, as if the lock of  kgs has not been given!

Even five minutes of silence seems like five ages. Finally manik broke the silence and said, “My name is Captain manik ! what is your name?"

"Nandini....she murmured softly.

“Why didn't you do a warm salt water rinse this morning?”

What...?!" Marvel at the tone of the nandini

“Your throat is tight, so I had to ask!” Hearing this, despite not wanting to, nandini giggled.

“You look beautiful... always have such a beautiful smile...?”

“Yes,” Nandini said simply. Then she continued, “It smells good. Are you always so full of fragrance ?”

"Not every day, but sometimes..." Manik said with a smile, "Isn't today a special day again?"

After the beginning of the talks went nowhere, the marriage took place, but there was no time for the honeymoon. So manik owns his newly wedded wife his to the unit. The military has unique ways of welcoming newlyweds. In her excitement and enthusiasm, Nandini did not remember that she was starting a new life.