𝕋𝕒𝕖𝕙𝕪𝕦𝕟𝕘'𝕤 𝔸𝕡𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕪 𝕄𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕤

Yoongi was sprawled across his bed, fast asleep as usual. Meanwhile, downstairs, Hoseok—his energetic and always loud roommate—was practically screaming a song while preparing dinner in the kitchen. The noise reverberated through the walls, cutting through the silence, jolting Yoongi awake.

He groaned, rubbing his eyes and reaching for his phone. "What time is it?" he muttered to himself, fumbling with the power button. As the screen lit up, his drowsy gaze sharpened in an instant. His eyes widened.

There were several notifications from an unknown number—but Yoongi recognized it immediately. It wasn’t just anyone’s number. It was Taehyung’s.

Taehyung. The love of his life. The person he'd been yearning to hear from for an entire month. For weeks, the silence between them had been suffocating, and now, finally, he had messaged.

Yoongi’s heart leapt into his throat as he sat up quickly, staring at the notifications. His hand trembled as he wiped away the tears threatening to fall. He could barely breathe. It had been so long since he'd felt this alive, this happy.

With shaky hands, Yoongi opened the message thread.

---

Unknown Number:
Hii Hyung.
It's Taehyung.
How are you?
Ummm…
I'm sorry, hyung.
Please forgive me.
I miss you so much.
1:56 PM

Hyung, please reply.
2:00 PM

Hyung, I'm sorry.
I didn’t mean to ignore you.
2:10 PM

Yoongi hyung,
Please, please don’t ignore me.
2:25 PM

Hyung? I’m sorry 🙂
So, so, so sorry.
2:30 PM

I miss you.
And your shoulder—
I don’t have a shoulder to hide on anymore
when I want to cry.
2:45 PM

Hyung, are you angry?
3:00 PM

I guess you don’t want to talk
to me anymore now.
3:05 PM

Hyung,
Please,
Please,
Please,
Please,
Please,
Please…
I regret my decision so much.
Hyung, please don’t ignore me.
Hyung…
No.
No, hyung, you can’t—
4:00 PM

Sorry. I’ll stop now.
4:30 PM

---

Yoongi’s breath hitched. The last message was sent at 4:30 PM. It was now 7:00 PM. He cursed himself for sleeping so much. And for putting his phone on silent. How could he have missed all of this?

He quickly saved Taehyung’s number into his contacts. His heart raced as a wave of emotions washed over him.

"How could I sleep through this?" Yoongi whispered to himself, clutching the phone tightly.

Yoongi stared at his phone, disbelief and anger swirling in his chest. The last person he expected to hear from after a month of silence was Tae. He had no idea Tae was even still thinking about him—after disappearing without a word, Yoongi had feared the worst.

His fingers hovered over the keyboard as his heart raced, conflicting emotions tearing at him. He was upset, hurt, but also relieved to finally hear from Tae. But how could Tae do this? How could he leave without saying anything?

With trembling hands, he finally responded.

---

Yoongi:
Tae…
Why?
Why did you leave without telling me anything?
Without telling any of us?