To know God more and to grow in Him

When you want to know someone, you want to know everything about them.
Their heart, their interests, what they look forward to, and more (taking into consideration that their heart could be right with their God).

Example: In marriage or working up to it, trust, love, faithfulness, and all these fruits building between you, allowing you to grow and work in unity as God so desires for you.

God already knows all of us! Now God really wants us to know him, as He sent a prime example, Jesus (John 14:6) of Himself. It’s like ‘this is how I want you to live, this is what I want you to do, this is how I want you to love, and I want you to love me above all! To ‘know’ the Jesus that’s accommodated in God’s love letter! And He goes on saying all these things that if we do this, He’ll do this. And sometimes we miss the point of that.

John 14:7 “If you really know me, you will know my father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him.” (Notice He said if you ‘really’ know me.)

There was a time that someone was explaining something to me that he needed, and I had no idea where it was, or what he was talking about. And I told him “If I find it, I’ll tell you. But when I find it, I probably won’t know what it looks like.” And often, we search for Jesus to do something, yet we have no clue what it is He is doing it even though He’s doing it right in front of us.

When you come to the point in your life of giving your heart to God, then God will send you the Holy Spirit (John 14:12-14) to ‘teach’ you and to remind you of what Jesus said.