Stepping out of Friendzone (One Shot)

HER POV

"Hey, what do you think ?"  A keychain with a pink pig hang in front of me. Kyle is holding it in front of me eyes covering the book I am reading.

I raised my head and saw Kyle smiling then his face changed to another expression then back to the smiling face.

What's with this guy?

"D-Do you think Kyla will like this?" he spoke once again.

I think it is much better if he never speak ever again.

"Scram, will you. I'm not Kyla," I told him as I shoved the keychain off my face.

Why do I have a stupid, jerk, insensitive boy as a bestfriend?

He is just so stupid and naive and stupid and childish and stupid and... and... handsome and smart and awesome. He just make me laugh, cry, angry and excited all at the same time.

Yeah, I know, I should be th eone called stupid and is quite obvious the reason why.

Okay, I admint it. I am in love with my bestfriend and it very hard being so.

"Come on, Shanina. You're a girl, soon to be a woman. Only you can tell me if she'll like it."

"Now you're telling me I'm ALMOST a woman, and much better a girl for that matter," I told him raising an eyebrow.

Mara told me I look irresistabe when I raise my brow.

I know it seems like I am trying hard to get his attention 'cause I really am trying to get his attention. For years I've been doing this. Now I'm desperate.

If he would give me that keychain I  would love it because...

I know he saved his own allowance just to but it. How many lunch he skipped to give Kyla a birthday  gift. How many chores he did to his brother to save for Kyla's christmas gift and now a valentine's gift.

This is so unheard of.

Kyla doesn't even appreciate any of it. She doesn't even remember any special day of Kyle.

Kyle's birthday, pretend birthday, the day where he got an A for the first time, the day he got over sucking his thumb even the day his pet goldfish died. I know all of them but Kyla doesn't.

How stupid for her.

Well, it's her loss not mine. But this is so hard. He puts so much effort just because of Kyla.

I would always say Kyla would never like any  gift he would give her and force him to give it to her, so he  won't give it to her. 

You know, reverse psychology.

"Why would Kyla like that? Come on, a pig? Why would you give the girl you liked a pig keychain?" i told him acting like even I wouldn't like. but truth be told, it would be very ,uch an honor if he gives it to me.

"Why? Don't you like it? I thought you liked pigs that's why your favorite character is Piglet from Winnie the Pooh."

I was suddenly offguard on what he said. "Uhm... O-ofcourse. But you won't give that to me. I-It's for Kyla. I-I would definitely like it if you giv it to me..."

And to my surprise he smiled and that did it. My world suddenly shone. Kyle's smile is PRICELESS.

: ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

HIS POV :

Okay, now this is my nth attempt to impress her.

Woooh!

I can do this.

"Hey, what do you think ?" I said and put the cute piggy keychain before her eyes.

I know she hates it when someone disturbs her from reading her book but I am not just someone. Iam her BESTFRIEND. My dearest Shanina's bestfriend.

Yeah that's right, JUST her bestfriend.

It is so hard being JUST  a bestfriend of someone you've liked for almost your whole darn life.

Shanina suddenly raised her eyes to me. 

BOOM! Then my head goes loco.

"D-Do you think Kyla will like this?" I spoke once again.

Darn! Where did that come from?

This happens all the time. Stupid brain. And also stupid mouth.

I really want to tell her if she likes it but she would again try to ask me why, same as last time.

I don't know but courage escapes me and end up telling her stupid things.  I can't tell her what I feel yet. She's been my BFF for eight years and I can't take a risk breaking that.

I tried to tell her that I like her but told her that I like Kyla, the school sweetheart. I don't know what's wrong with my brain, it's just so stupid.

She is so much better than Kyla. 

Much more beautiful, smarter, brighter and most of all she makes me smile and laugh for no reason.

She does crazy stuff like everyday but she would rather look cute. She's just so amazing.

Her face became angry.

"Scram, will you." she told me and shoved me away.  "I'm not Kyla."

I know, I would like to say but I know I can't. I don't have enough guts to say that.

But now I'm in this situation and I'll just stick to it.

"Come on, Shanina. You're a girl, soon to be a woman. Only you can tell me if she'll like it." I asked her again but what I really wanted to ask was, "Do you like it?"

"Now you're telling me I'm ALMOST a woman, and much better a girl for that matter," she told me raising an eyebrow.

Darn! She looks so cute raising her eyebrow. It just pushes to the brink...

Yeah, I know, I'm such a douche. I can't even tell her what I really feel.

She doesn't even know that I saved almost all my allowance buying her gifts for every special day of hers. But then I chicken out when its my time to give it to her.

I know Iam stupid, no need to emphasize the obvious.

"Why would Kyla like that? Come on, a pig? Why would you give the girl you liked a pig keychain?"

"Why? Don't you like it? I thought you liked pigs that's why your favorite character is Piglet from Winnie the Pooh."

My hopes suddenly went down... AGAIN!

Why can't I impress her even for once. Oh god why? Why all this punishment, this feelings this...

"Uhm... O-ofcourse. But you won't give that to me. I-It's for Kyla. I-I would definitely like it if you giv it to me..." she suddenly spoke.

All my sentiments suddenly flew away.

YES!!!!! SHE LIKED IT!

I couldn't contain my happiness. I know that Iam now grinning like a lunatic but I don't care.

THANK YOU, LORD SO MUCH. YOUR MY SAVIOUR FROM EVERLASTING HEARTACHE OF ME BEING FOREVER ALONE. MWAAAH :*

Now this is my time... I walked towards her. Nearest as possible.

"Well..."