44| 𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘭

8

years ago.

I was getting prepared for my AILET exam. After graduation, I have to take an entrance exam and then I will be admitted to the top law college for my further studies.

Rishi was in his business class, pursuing a different stream from me. I am studying law while he is studying business. The jerk asked me to wait for him.

“Hey Abhi.” I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice.

“Hey Maya.” She is Ankit's friend, Maya. Although Ankit and I don't share the typical brotherly bond but we still know each other's friends.

“Abhi, why are you here alone?” She asked, sitting next to me. I shifted back as Maya is kind of clingy.

“Studying.” I whispered, showing her my books.

“You know you are the handsome nerd of our college.” She said, and I nodded because my sole focus was on my books.

“Abhi, I actually want to tell you something.” She said, and I nodded while reading.

“Abhi, I didn't have my parents with me to teach me when to speak and what to speak. Since my childhood, I believed in jho Mann mein aaya boldo, and even today I wanted to share my feelings with you, Abhi.” I nodded at her words and looked at her.

“I love you, Abhi. I really do. I don't know when and where I fell for you, but I love you.” I looked at her in shock. I didn't expect this, and more importantly, I don't have any feelings for her.

“Maya....” Before I could finish, she interrupted me.

“I know you don't love me back, but we can give it a chance, Abhi. Please.” She whispered, placing her hand on mine.

I politely removed her hand. She is not the first girl to propose to me, but I have different ambitions in my life.

“Maya, I do respect your feelings but I can never love you back. I have different ambitions in my Life and I have never seen you in a romantic way. You are my brother's friend and let me be frank, you don't love me. May be it is infatuation because I have never done anything great so that you would fall for me and speaking about chance. I invest on things which will be permanent Maya, and even if I try I can't do this relationships and stuffs. I have a different mindset about love. You deserve someone who loves you back and fortunately I don't love you. I hope you understand.” I stated while rising from my seat. I made an effort to be exceedingly polite.

“This is the reason why I adore you, Abhi. You are so unique, and I wanna be yours.” Ewww, What? Wanna be yours? Ugh, this sounds so cringeworthy. I genuinely respect her, but I have never viewed her in that manne and this lines make me really awkward. How can someone be yours?