45| 𝘚𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴

"

"

In my past, Rika, a single foolish mistake led to everything. But trust me, Rika, I never had any corrupt intentions towards her. I lack proof, but please trust me, I was not a criminal, I was not..." Before I could elaborate further, I felt her warm lips on mine.

She left a gentle kiss on my lips, and cupped my cheeks, and when I gazed at her, she was in tears.

"Does she hate me?"

"I don't need any proof, Maan. I know who you are, I love you." She whispered, pulling me into an embrace.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her chest.

She loves me. She believes in me. That's all I need to know I am not a criminal.

"I can't believe you went through all of that, Maan. Those scars. I wish I could have borne your pain, but there's one thing wrong in all of this." She paused, and my heart pounded with fear, but I held onto her tighter.

"You were wrong to blame yourself, Maan. It was never your fault. I understand your feelings are valid, but Maan, you can never do wrong. Your wounds are a result of those vile beings, but I don't want you to carry guilt. My Maan, I love you. The thought of you in pain shook me, but now there's no room for pain between us." She said through tears. I despise seeing Rika cry.

I released the hug, cupping her cheeks.

"Why are you crying, Rika?" I inquired, my voice suddenly hoarse, noticing the dampness near my eyes.

"I don't... know, but I despise them. I hate them more than I hate Mrs. Rajput." She said, embracing me again, leaving me speechless. She truly loves me.

"Hush, baby, don't cry." I murmured, stroking her hair.

"It should be me consoling you. Maan, I love you, truly, never think I could ever hate you or abandon you. You are my soul, Maan." She said, wiping her tears, her nose and face red, looking adorable.

"Your mere existence brings solace to my soul, Rika. I hold you dearer with each passing moment, my love. Please, stop crying." I murmured as our foreheads touched.

"Have you encountered that filthy man, that old woman, and that vile creature again?" She inquired, her choice of words amusing me.

"No, but 'that man' did cross my path once, and 'that vile creature' had the audacity to send a bouquet and a letter after our wedding. Remember the day you came to my office and I was acting like a asshole? You stayed by my side, offering comfort without knowing the reason. That was the day." I recounted, the memory of my outburst at Rika still haunting me. Fuck me for that. Rika would do that too.

"She is a bitch. Just once, I wish to confront her. I swear on Shiv ji, I will not let her off easily." Rika declared, her eyes blazing with fury. Her anger always catches me off guard. Did she just curse? I have never seen her this furious.