Chapter One

I walked into a large puddle in my rain boots as a rain drop fell on my shoulder. I couldn't help but notice a few more falling onto the sidewalk ahead of on my way to school.

As I got closer I heard laughter and saw the kindergarteners playing in the muddy grass, their parents and teachers frustratedly watching them.

I walked past slightly giggling at the sight, I didn't really want to go forward any longer but the thought of my best friend, Kim kept my hopes up.

She's really the only reason I like school anyways. ever sense I came out as lez I've been teased about it, she's all I got right now. I walked up to the high school carefully and opened the glass double doors into a teenager-filled hallway about as loud as a packed theme park. yet I still managed to hear a lot of people silence and stare at me as I walked in the door.

I'm already used to it anyways... It's been happening over the last few months. I walked over to my tall locker that undoubtedly had the word gay scribbled into it with marker. I opened my locker and cleaned it off before grabbing my books for first period.

I turned to start walking over to my class room as I tripped over someone's shoe. "... And what do you think your doing Seara?" I heard a girls voice say as I thought " just the usual" as her boyfriend picked my small body up." I see you found our little note... didn't you?" I kept quiet like I normally do as she slapped me in the face and he let me go.

" We'll finish this later..." she said looking at me then looked over to her tall, muscular, boyfriend and asked "Won't we baby?" Before laughing and walking to class.

I stayed on the floor for a few seconds as the bell rang and I heard a familiar voice say " Seara are you alright?" I looked over and saw Kim and she helped me up.

After that, luckily our class was only a few feet away and we weren't late. After the morning announcements the teacher reminded every one that the first dance of the year was going to me in November and that the theme was masquerade.

... Great... now I'm not even sure who every one is going to be... I don't really even think I want to go to this one. even though my moms gunna make me go anyway even though a bunch ad straight people will be kissing each other and seriously making me uncomfortable.

Ugggggggghhhhhhhh