Chaiyya Chaiyya

Salman didn't plan on this but it just happened in a spur of a moment. Him being in Dubai at the same time as Shah Rukh, who is there to promote his latest film - 'Dunki'. Salman does not realise until he is on his way back to the airport and notices all the buzz of SRK around Dubai. 

"Arre bhai, woh Shah Rukh ji ki movie ki promotion chal rahi hai na, nayi wali." His assistant must've noticed his eyes taking in the view which promotes him to answer his unasked question. Then it hits him that of course, SRK would be here, for Dunki. SRK stopped promoting his movies in India and for good reason. 

"Promotion chal raha hai?"

"Haan woh aaj event hai na, abhi chal raha hoga." Salman hums at the response and ponders over it. 

"Aik kaam karo, event pe le chalo." Everyone in the car are surprised, even Shera, even though at this point he shouldn't be. 

"Bhai, aapki flight..."

"Event par le chalo." The finality in his words is enough to silence everyone in the car. The car changes direction to head towards the hotel where event is taking place. 

Salman does not have a plan, nor he knows why he is going there right now but he just feels like that he wants to be there right now. Reasons, they don't matter right now. 

Once closer to the hotel, Salman asks to be taken from the quieter route, not the press filled area. Once at the hotel entrance, Salman along with Shera and his other assistant start to go inside the hotel from the back entrance. Salman doesn't need any introduction and as it's SRK's event gate crashing doesn't seem to be an issue either especially when Salman is actually trying not to draw attention to himself.

SRK's team member spots Salman Khan and is surprised to see him there but welcomes him. Salman just says he is there to convey his wishes to the team of Dunki. He roams around upper floor and finds the spot where he can see the promotions and stage clearly without drawing attention on himself. 

He is just in time to see Shah performing his most famous dance 'Chaiyya Chaiyya'. He has seen SRK in his full energy, performing on various songs, dance steps but when he performs on Chaiyya Chaiyya, it's always a different kind of energy. 

Salman does not even notices when he holds up his phone and starts to record Shah performing on Chaiyya Chaiyya. Even at this age SRK on stage is a complete power house, his movements, his smile. his energy... no wonder he is known as King of Bollywood. The performances isn't long but it has definately left crowd wanting more. Salman stops the recording as the performance ends, not sure why he recorded in the first place.

"Bhai... green room mein chalna hai?" Shera asks him as at least 2-3 members from SRK team already asked Shera about it. Something changes in Salman's mood and he knows it's time to go.

"Nahi.. Chalo, chalte hain airport." Shera barely blinks before nodding. 

"Jaane se pehle... mujhe koi paper dena." Shera arranges for the paper and pen from the hotel and hands it to Salman. Who writes a brief note and hands it to Shera.

"Shah tak yeh puhunch jaye." Shera nods at this and immediately walks away and Salman makes his way towards the exit slowly. By the time he is by exit, Shera joins in, wordlessly they both get into the car and head towards their destination. 

It is after the promotion event ends but the night does not but SRK gets a little break when he sits in green room for few minutes of peace before gearing up for the after party. 

"Sir?" One of younger member of Dubai management team who is standing there slightly nervous.

"Hm?"

"Woh yeh.. app ke liye." She holds her hand out with a small paper in her hand. SRK looks at her confused. 

"Sir... main nahi... yeh aapke liye, Salman.. sir ne diya hai." SRK is shocked to say the least.

"Hm? Kisne?"

"Salman.. sir."

"Salman... Khan?" The girl nods and SRK is more confused. He takes the note but doesn't open it just looks at the girl for more explanation.

"Woh aye thay yahan par thori dair ke liye, keh rahe thay movie ke liye best wishes aur yeh note dekar chale gaye." taking a deep breath, SRK closes his eyes, nods his head and the girl taking the hint leaves him alone.

Opening his eyes, Shah looks at the note, still not believing what he has heard he decides to open the note. 

'Dunki ke liye bohut bohut mubarak ho, dua hai aapko aur bhi kamiyabi mile. - S' 

SRK reads and re reads the note few times until the words actually print in his mind. He is still trying to wrap his mind around the fact  Salman was here, and then he left without meeting and now this note. It's not really Salman's behaviour, well, he had his moments but very rare. This moment seems more rare. Shah's brain already hurts from the event and now even more so he just picks up his phone and calls, Salman and his phone is switched off. Sighing, Shah hangs up and looks at the note again and this time he is smiling, wide. 

As soon Salman's phone turned on again after landing in Mumbai it does not stop pinging. Salman quickly swipes through notifications when he notices messages notifications from 'Shah'. He opens those messages immediately to read. 

'What is this behaviour, Salman?' A laugh escapes from Salman's mouth. Then another message.

'Thank you.'

'I'm still mad at this.'

'Mumbai anay de, phir khabar leta hon.'

'Seriously, thank you.'

Salman smiles at these messages, it's just so Shah. He clicks on reply, types a reply but then deletes it. He does it few times until it's time for him to exit the plane, he quickly types, sends and closes his phone before he changes his mind. 

'Aaja.' Message Sent.