part uno !

tw for aggravated assault and blood ‼️

~

"will that be all for you today?"

i say as i pack up a customers floral arrangement.

"yes, thank you."

i hand the flowers over while smiling softly.

to be honest i just really wanted to leave.

an hour passes and it's finally time to leave, i bid my manager goodbye as i grab my stuff and begin to walk home.

i had ended up leaving later than normal because my manager needed help cleaning, and she's just so nice that i couldn't let her do it all by herself.

as i was walking home, i had a gut feeling someone was behind me. i turn around multiple times just to see the sidewalk, and nothing else. as i turn back towards the front i'm pulled into an ally by some guy in all black.

"hand over your purse."

he smiles through his mask.

literally who does this man think i am?

i gather all of the strength i had in me and brought my foot down so hard on his own i could feel bones cracking underneath my shoe. he lets out an agonizing scream as he bends over, i use his mistake against him and bring my elbow up and back down right into his spine, making him drop to the floor in an instant.

i tower over the guy as he holds himself while crying.

he then brings out a knife from his pocket as i begin to walk away, i hear the rustling and turn back just to be met with a blade coming down at my face.

i just barely moved out of the way in time, the knife making a deep enough cut to draw blood.

with blood trickling down my face, i look up at the guy and grin nervously.

he backs up a little before i grab the knife out of his hand, adrenaline pumping, my brain not telling me you never grab a knife by the blade, but i did anyway.

after i grab the knife from him, hand bleeding, a shocked expression went over his face like a wave.

that surprise then turned into anger and he charged at me with the intent to kill.

i already had the knife facing him, so he ran into it.

he ran into the knife.

as it pierced his stomach, he looked up at me with tears brimming his eyes.

i just stood there, with a blank face staring right back at him.

why aren't i helping him? was it because he tried to kill me? he's obviously crying. i stabbed him. no, i didn't stab him. he ran into the knife, right?

i let go of the knife and he falls backwards before hitting the ground.

i just stand there, watching this man who probably has a family struggle to breathe underneath me.

that's until he takes his last breath, still holding the knife that has penetrated his stomach.

i just killed someone.

i just killed someone?

i drop to the floor, why am i just now crying? why didn't i cry as i stabbed this guy in his stomach?

because i cried so hard plus the loss of blood from my face and hand, i passed out onto the concrete.

minutes that felt like hours had passed, and i woke up in a soft bed that felt a lot like my own.