t w e n t y s i x ☄️

On the eve of departure, Josh called a meeting with the allies, along with the council of Trench. He explained to them his plan to seek out Ender and Wren, and save Tyler from the sleeping curse.

Once the meeting was complete, Josh put on his battle gear, which consisted of his Trench jumpsuit, yellow stripes, and black beanie.

When he was done, Josh looked into the mirror. Kai stood next to him, and placed his hand on his master's shoulder.

"We will end this." He said.

"Dema will be destroyed." Josh said. "I will avenge Tyler, even if I die trying."

Kai turned away and looked into his reflection in the mirror.

"I will do anything to protect Linh."

The Bandito sighed.

"I love her."

Hearing his friend speak of the woman he loved, Josh came over and pressed his hand on his shoulder.

"I had wondered when you'd express your love for her."

"I know it has been a while since she lost Lilac, but I've grown to bond with her, and I adore her. She truly means everything to me."

Josh nodded.

"She is a brave Bandito woman, and I know you both will be happy together."

Kai nodded back.

"Yes, we will."

~

Back in the crypts, Jenna meets with Ari and Olene, who have volunteered to stay behind to protect Tyler's tomb.

"You guys are doing us a great service." Jenna told them. "I'm sure Tyler will be very appreciative when he wakes up someday."

"We will be overjoyed." Olene said.

Ari wrapped his arm around his fiancée.

"We both will."

Jenna smiled.

"Thank you."

The blonde girl came over to Tyler's side, and gently lifted away the glass lid from his tomb. With tears in her eyes, she reached her hand down and caressed the child's face.

"If we could do it over again, we could've prevented this." She said. "I'm so sorry we failed you. But, you are alive, and we are going to end this."

Jenna leaned down to him, then whispered into Tyler's sleeping frame.

"I promise, my dear flower."

She kissed him on the cheek, then took the glass lid and closed the tomb. When this was done, she looked back to Ari and Olene, and gave them her sign of approval.

Olene, with tears in her eyes, reached out and embraced Jenna.

"Come back to us." She said. "Please."

"I will." Jenna replied; letting go. "I promise."

She looked to them both.

"By the time I return, Ender and Wren will be gone. They won't be left behind."

Olene nodded.

"Good."

As Jenna started to walk away, Ari called out to her.

"Jenna?"

The blonde girl turned back.

"Yes, Ari?"

The Bandito looked into the blue eyes of the girl, and grinned.

"You're a brave young woman. You've gone through a lot, just like my fiancée, Linh, and Lilac."

Ari sighed.

"I want you to know, after knowing you for this past year, I can see how far you've come. I truly believe you're going to make a difference."

Jenna smiled.

"Thank you."

Ari took Jenna's hand and gently kissed it. Olene took her other hand and kissed it as well.

It showed the sign of love and gratitude between the three friends and allies.

~

After returning from the crypts, Jenna saw Josh, along with Kai, Linh, Citrus, and Gamma, all standing at the center of Trench. They were all dressed in battle gear.

Jenna joined them; standing next to Kai and Linh.

"Ari and Olene are with Tyler now." She told them. "They'll be watching over him."

Josh nodded.

"Very good."

"It's good to know someone we trust and love is watching him." Linh said. "It gives us comfort knowing he'll be safe."

"Agreed." Kai added.

Citrus and Gamma got their weapons together.

"We need to get moving." Citrus said. "If we don't reach the north tower, our chance of finding Ender and Wren will be risky."

Gamma reached out her hand towards Jenna, who looked anxious and worried.

"Come on, dear." She said. "You wanna save your friend, don't you?"

The motivation in the sibling's words made Jenna take her hand, and she nodded.

"More than anything."

Gamma smiled.

"Come along."

With their hands still attached, Gamma and Jenna walked together with the allies.

As Citrus helped lead the group away, Josh stood and looked up to the civilian Banditos, who watched them depart from the camp. Petruso and Dasha were among them, with little Lilya and Maks in their arms.

"Master Josh, you're our only hope." They said.

Josh looked at the little ones and smiled to them, then looked back up to his people.

"When I return, Ender and Wren will be defeated and destroyed, and our beloved flower will be saved."

The man nodded.

"I swear it, before our maker above."

The Banditos were confident. They believed in Josh, and trusted in his words.

Citrus, who had led the group to the edge of the Trench boarder, called out to Josh.

"My lord, are you coming?!"

Josh gave one last look to his people, then followed the allies to the edge of the Trench boarder.

Once they were all together, with their weapons armed and ready, the allies started making their way down the mountains of Trench, to the north tower, where Ender and Wren are believed to be hiding.

Josh hoped that once he found them, he would put an end to Tyler's sleeping curse once and for all.