The Evil Crown

You must have heard of Aesop's fables. You may think only Aesop wrote fables.

WRONG.

We wrote one too and I have to say, it is pretty awesome. We're sharing it with the world.

A small rain tree had a tree branch. It had no leaves, only a tree branch and a bird's nest on the tree branch. The tree looked rather empty. Now imagine this queer sight, and let's begin.

The tree had on a large purple crown that happened to have on a unicorn horn. The beautiful crown was always resting in the bird's nest, glinting in the sunlight. One day, the crown felt bored. He decided to leave the tree and go on an adventure, despite how various scaremongers who had passed by warned him against doing so. However, he had no idea...

He tumbled out of the bird's nest. Just when he thought he was going to die, he splashed into a mud puddle, cushioning his fall. However, the crown was still very shiny, unstained by the disgusting mud due to his amazing unicorn powers. He grew legs with his magic and flew away, hoping to find something special.

It was not long before he sighted another tree. The crown could not believe how serendipitous he was today.

This tree was yellow and had many branches and leaves. It was a very normal tree, but it was cold, like a refrigerator. The crown happened to like cold places, so it decided to rest there before continuing for his search for adventure.

Unfortunately, the crown had no idea that the tree would be so cold and turned blue, shivering pitifully. The poor tree branch it was sitting on, already hanging on for its life before the crown came, suddenly cracked and dropped. The crown fell along with it.

Now the crown was so shocked that it turned orange. It continued flying, unable to believe that he caused the tree branch to die. Now, the crown started to feel dispirited. He had mo idea that his adventure could become such a disaster. He wanted to go back to the safety of his own little tree but he didn't know how to go back. Therefore, he mustered up all his courage and decided to journey further.

On the way, he met a chipmunk. The chipmunk was cute and had a friendly smile on her face.

However, the chipmunk's smile turned into an evil glare as soon as she saw the crown. Looming over the poor crown, shaking in his... feet, she growled maliciously, "I WANT TO EAT YOU."

The crown did not want to be bullied. He hated the idea. In a fit of rage, he tried to smash the chipmunk by summoning an axe with his miraculous unicorn powers and sliced the chipmunk in half.

The chipmunk disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Now pink potato, the chipmunk's best friend, had witnessed everything. She reminisced the days she journeyed with the chipmunk, how they went hunting together, how the chipmunk had bought her a new sword on her birthday.

Instantly, her vision blurred with tears. They rolled slowly down her body as pink potato slouched down underneath a nearby willow tree, unable to believe what had happened.

She used her sword to chop the ground in half, as an act of respect towards her best friend.

She accidentally cut the unsuspecting crown in half too, as he sauntered away with a smug smirk on his face.

The two halves of the crown lay limp on the ground. The pink potato, seeing an axe laying next to the crown, realised what had happened.

From then on, she hated all crowns. Silver ones, pink ones, candy ones, she held a stubborn acerbic attitude towards them, vilifying them whenever she found the chance to.

Moral of the story: Hate crowns.

Just so you know, the rain tree, whose life force was connected to the crown, disappeared in a puff of magical sparkles and dead leaves.

THE END

Don't you hate crowns?