Chapter One: The Rivers Edge

Cheryl Blossom, The busy bee. The Queen of popular and red.

On July fourth, her whole life changed. She had planned with her brother, to fake his death. Yes, Jason Blossom, the Perfect boy planned to fake his death.

The Blossom family disliked Cheryl. She was the second, the last resort for everything. This, is her story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheryl, was sitting on her bed, her legs crossed. She was meditating it was the middle of the night. Candle' everywhere all unscented.

The door to her bedroom opened, with a quiet click. She knew who it was, and wasn't worried. "Jason, I'm mediating." She snapped, but only half heartedly.

Jason sighed and sat beside her. "Cheryl, we need to talk..." Jason spoke hesitantly.

She opened her eyes, and looked at him. He had red hair, that looked more ginger than red. It was also out of place, unlike usual. He had pale skin, and a handsome face. He was also very athletic. She raised a brow, he was fully dressed. Not in his usual blue pj's.

"Alright, talk." She turned to face him fully. She was wearing her red silk button up night shirt and pants. Her hair delicately up in curlers.

Jason sighed. He ran a hand through his hair, "I loved her. I wanted her, Mother and Father wouldn't allow it...." He didn't need to elaborate, she knew who he was talking about. Polly Cooper.

"They control me. They won't let me be who I want to be. They manipulated me. I don't want to live like that, I refuse to be." She blinked, she knew the Polly episode had hurt him, but not this much.

"Jase....please tell me you aren't having one of those...secret cliché rendezvous with her?" Jason shook his head, "no, but I want to run away. Get out of our parents reach. Will you come with me, will you help me?"

Cheryl was quite, for a long while. He had joked about running away, many times. She searched his face, praying he was joking.

When she realized he was being serious she sighed. "Jason, I won't go with you. Although, of this is what you really want... I'll help you."

Jason sighed in relief. "Thank you. Three days from now, on July fourth I will take you out onto sweet water river. When we get to the other side, I will get out and leave Riverdale. You, will get back to the other side. Make sure your soaked. Tell them you had dropped a glove into the water, I..."

Cheryl looked at the Sheriff, her mascara all smudged and running. She had tears in her eyes. "Jason he...he leaned over the side, to get it..." She sobbed, "the boat tipped...and ...and he..." The Sheriff looked at Mr. Blossom, with sad eyes.

A few moments later,
A male ran down the bank, pushing his way past her Clifford and Penelope blossom, who were very upset. He crouched beside her, dirtying his pristine suit. His arms wrapped around her, calming her. "Shhh....Canary, say no more." She wrapped her arms around him, crying.

His Cologne invaded her senses. It was a rich scent, Of the forest early in the morning and leather with a hint of green apple. To her, it was a comforting scent that always helped her, a reminder that even if Jason had left she was never alone. She had her other soulmate. He was her other rock, Made of obsidian. He would never break.

"He's gone....." She whispered, holding the man tightly. He sighed, knowing what she meant. The man whispered back, "I'm here. Don't worry."

He pulled away, after her tears slowed. He took his jacket off and put it over her shoulders, "Come on Cheryl I'll take you to home."He stood up, and turned to the sheriff. "I assume your done with her?" He had a deep voice, and a barely noticeable Italian accent. It wasn't a question, and the sheriff knew it.

He was a large man, with past shoulder length black hair. The sheriff looked at the man, he knew better than to argue. The man could have his job in seconds.

He turned to Clifford with a look only a long time friend could, "I'll take her home. You two, need to speak to the sheriff and grieve." He gave Mr. Blossom a one armed hug, and Mrs. Blossom and full hug. He kissed the top of Mrs. Blossoms head, like a brother would to comfort his sister.

The man turned back to Cheryl and offered his hand. She took it and he pulled her up, walking with her, up the bank, and to his car.

The car was a older model, pure black. It was a Chevy Camaro, soft top.

He helped her in, and turning the heat on. He got into the driver's side, drove down the rode. He took the long route. The car smelled like him, and had an underlying metallic sent.

"He got to the other side, Safely. Don't worry, Cheryl. He will call and inform me he is safe and comfortably in another town soon. You, will be my first call afterwards." He spoke, looking through his peripheral vision to her. He took an hand off the steering wheel, and put his arm behind her head over the seats.

Cheryl nodded, "I know....I just...He's gone." A silent tear fell. He took his eyes off the road for a second and gave her a reassuring smile. "He will call. He's not gone forever." He looked back at the road.

"Thank you, Enzo." She spoke softly. The wind blew through their hair, as he drove. The rest of the drive was silent. To Thornhill, to Cheryl's prison that was now hers alone.