Chapter Nine | Phase One.

"If I meet them once, they'll never see me again."
- D.

𓂃 ֙

He revealed himself.

Throwing the mask right in her lap while his hands rested too close to her body, right beside her hips without backing down. The mask was not paid attention to anymore. The atmosphere thickened, it tensed.

Time froze when they both saw each other under blood's light.

She froze.

She froze so hard.

Seeing him for the first time.

His green eyes fit him like heavens, heavens that were only fit for the only God. Those eyes that would threaten you to make a move but also captivate you to stay compelled. To say in a trance. Maybe that made him more intimidating. 

Ava's body surely reacted to it. It stayed in place.

She found something familiar in him.

A commonality they shared.

Both their eyes seemed mythical.

Hers, colour-wise.

His, everything wise.
It looked to be the kind of eyes you'd see when you pass away, the last thing in this mortal life. The first thing in the afterlife, the eyes of brutal nature.

He observed how her pupils dilated after he took his mask off, replacing some emotions of fear and adrenaline in her body. And she observed, how his face froze from the sight of her so clearly. It brought a sense of calm in this eerie setting. He maintained his silence. And with that, she quietened her struggles and breathing.

She saw him.

She saw it all.

The man from up front.

That mysterious man.

That dark presence that left her body in shackles.

She parted her lips after seeing the culprit of her pain. It was almost like she couldn't see anything else other than those eyes. Eyes so green, hair so dark, jaw so sharp, cheeks so sculpted. 

His look was beyond anything you'd find in a bad guy.

He looked so... otherworldly.

So not real.

She saw innumerable scars on his face, right beneath his beard, scars that were hidden from a normal person. Yet she saw it all, having him so close to her. 

Healed wounds of cuts, burns, even hits. Hits that looked deep. This man had been through it. It made him look all the more terrifying. She almost frowned after seeing those scars, but she chose not to.

She stared at him without hiding it, focusing on different details one by one, and he let her. She saw his nose, his cheeks, his brows, his lips. Something in her behaviour intrigued him to allow any of this. He didn't know whether this was our boredom, but he liked that attention.

Her deviation was like a breath of fresh air.

Something that he didn't find so easily.

Girls would throw themselves on him. She wasn't willing to even talk to him.

It made him more curious.

Within himself, he had a voice that liked whatever she did, what she said.

And he liked it even more that she balanced her fears with her anger.

But she became so quiet after staring at him.