Chapter Ten | 20 Credits.

"Cookies and cream?"

"No."

"Mint chocolate chip?"

"No."

"Butterscotch?"

"No," Ava groaned, her voice quieter than usual, her eyes drowsy than usual in terms of Sereph's experience with her best friend, as the blonde woman frowned.

Sereph had adorned herself in Ava's leisure wear, consisting of some cow shorts and a plain t-shirt, unlike the redhead beside her. 

She was hardly visible under those layers.

"You don't want to have ice cream?" Sereph mumbled shyly while pausing her walking, just before she'd start the Barbie movies marathon in the living room of Ava's home. Albert was out doing his work, not yet back.

"I'll sleep if I have anything sweet," Ava complained while clutching her top, closing her legs, squirming on the couch, narrowing Sereph's eyes as she stared at the lady in distraught.

Sereph checked her watch.
"It's only 1 pm. Are you already tired?" Sereph scoffed while arranging all the DVDs.

Ava thanked herself mentally after covering her head with a hoodie, knowing exactly why a hoodie was desperately needed at a time like this.

"I came home at 6 in the morning. You came at 8. Do the math." Ava hissed after sipping onto her herbal tea, easing the soreness of her abdomen. 

The aftermath of multiple highs was now forming into a bellyache. Continuously moving her legs so that the pained thighs wouldn't endure stings too much.

"You knew we had our marathon today. Don't guilt trip me into not starting it, bestie." Sereph chuckled after entering the CD of Barbie and the Princess Charming School, heading towards the couch with the remote. 

Ava scooted away from her a little bit to rub her eyes.

"We're doing this whether you like it or not," Sereph announced, letting it start sooner than anticipated, making Ava adorn an angry pout on her face.

There was already enough pizza and fries for them on the coffee table. Ava hadn't had a single bite yet. 

She was starving, but she was feeling sick as well.

"You told me you'd be back from the library at around 1 or 2. Why'd you stay there the whole night?" Sereph complained while stealing her girl's tea, having hers finished. Ava didn't mind, knowing there was more tea in the kitchen.

"I didn't know finishing 20 credits would take so long." Ava deadpanned, feeling her body still heated and smelling like a foreign cologne, a smell she needed to get rid of before someone else recognised it on her. 

She had to wear a lot of layers to conceal that smell.

The smell of forbidden sin.

A sin that had to be kept as a secret.

Sereph can't know. Albert couldn't know.

And if Dariel knew she was with a man, she'd be in big trouble.

"Why are you trying to finish college anyway? You still have a few months left." Sereph suggested, grabbing the fries with tomato sauce, almost chugging on it once the scene of the cafeteria rolled. 

Her eyes stayed fixated on Barbie working in her cafe.

Ava felt his teeth marks hurt, not being able to touch her hips for some time. 

She hid her wince, being able to finger every dent on her skin made by him.

Her mind would be distracted by every aching part of her body, yet the last thing she wanted she wanted to do was think about him.