46| 𝘈𝘣𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭

“Where are we going, Maan?” Rika inquired, her delicate fingers tracing patterns on my arm as I guided the steering wheel towards the warehouse

“Where are we going, Maan?” Rika inquired, her delicate fingers tracing patterns on my arm as I guided the steering wheel towards the warehouse. It was a place I never wanted to take her, but today was the day she would witness her culprits begging for mercy.

We have now reached India.

“You have faith in me, don't you?” I questioned, a myriad of thoughts swirling in my mind. Today, I will depart for Jaipur to unearth evidence regarding the incident from 21 years ago. Veeransh had passed me a false post mortem report of Sakshi maa, along with information about the hospital, the doctor, and other individuals implicated in the murder. Even without this journey, my case would remain potent due to the evidence I possess, especially that little Patel, one of the five men involved. But I cannot afford to leave any stone unturned; I need to reinforce my position as much as possible.

“Is that truly a question? I place more trust in you than I do in myself.” Rika's assurance comforted me, and I silently prayed she wouldn't walk away after facing those despicable men.

“Rika, I am not always a good man. There is a side of me known only to Rishi and Papa in our family.” I confessed, hoping she would comprehend.

“I am confused, Maan. What do you mean by another side?” She probed, her gaze fixated on me as I concentrated on the road ahead.

“I will kill those two individuals, and when I made that statement, it wasn't just a spur-of-the-moment outburst, but a genuine intention.” I uttered and then turned to look at her.

She remained silent, perhaps processing everything.

“Rika?” I called out to her, unsettled by her silence. It unnerved me.

“Huh? Yea- yeah yes?” She responded, flinching at the sound of my voice even though I was soft.

“I had a little idea since the day I noticed those bruises, but I am unable to comprehend it fully. I want to mete out punishment, maybe make them experience the pain I endured, but taking a life? I cannot bear witness to anyone's demise, Maan.” Oh my baby, that is why Nandini will not meet her end in your presence. I am orchestrating this facade of arrest and trial. She will be deemed guilty, but it will be me who will bid her farewell from this world.

We arrived at the location, situated in the outskirts, ensuring no disturbances.

“Trust me! They will not meet their end, Infront of your eyes.” They will not perish before your eyes. I only wish for them to plead for their lives in your presence.

“Rika, even Veeransh is not as innocent as he appears, so stop gazing at me with fear in your eyes.” I stated, disliking the trepidation in her gaze.

“I am not afraid of you, Maan. It's just that I see a different side of you right now. You seem so determined to end them.” Rika remarked, and I let out a sigh.