Pilot

NOTES!

In the Pilot I explain some of Readers features, feel free to ignore them completely. This is for you to insert yourself, any details like ears, horns, skin color and tails are totally for you to add.

This is technically a Vox x Reader story, but due to my greediness I've made it Vee's x Reader with Vox being the main love interest of the story.

https://youtu.be/4nFJqjtws-c?si=pZYKExoMAYN3LXPy

It felt like you had been popped.

Your body was a popped blood bag, held together with thin plastic that had been torn and ripped. The longer you stayed this 'popped blood bag' and laid helpless, the harder it was to breathe. You realized now you weren't breathing at all. No words left you when you tried to ask for help. You'd gargled and blood splurged violently from behind your teeth. Until the struggling sound sickened you and you no longer tried to use your voice. But the sounds didn't stop, and then the coughing ensued. Blood flowed from your mouth, hot as it trickled down your neck. Sticky as it rushed through your scalp.

You'd give your soul, precious as it may be, just to breathe. You weren't going to die from the bullets, you were going to choke to death. A gurgling gasp broke free from your throat and acceptance overcame the fear. It was getting darker for you. Death was completely and utterly equal. You just wished you died in your eighty's from old age in your sleep. How peaceful compared to being shot god knows how many times.

It was just darkness. You wondered for a moment how some saw light at the end of the tunnel. But there was no light. You were unable to move and you were afraid.

Then the pain began. Your soul, the core of you felt tugged with and tampered, touched and examined. Voices teased your consciousness and you felt something being removed. Vulnerability came as you had no movement to express anything, just existence in darkness. Humming tickled your soul as new, good things began to flow into you. Feeding into this euphoria that filled you, the darkness now became a warm pocket. Incubated in this pocket the whispers, inaudible, impossible to make out- plunged you into complete blissful unconsciousness. But your last thought before internal sleep was about the torturous eternity you eventually faced. You expected as much to go to hell and perhaps experience Dante's Inferno, be forced to live in an infinite ice storm with spiked hale raining down on you. You deserved worse.

Slipping in and out of sleep, it was almost impossible to stay awake. But once your eyes managed to open they stayed open. You felt a hard surface below your bare elbows and attempted to force your eyes open. Eeriness wracked your nerves and you wanted to move, but extreme soreness ached every millimeter of your body.

Your eyes flutter open to behold an unsettling red sky above. You stared in awe for a few minutes, the pain in your body almost overwhelming. You guessed this was damnation. But what puzzled you was the lack of fire or torture? You realized you were laying in an empty dumpster, the lack of smell hadn't alarmed you till your eyes adjusted. There was something immediately wrong when you tried to sit up besides the soreness.

You were gray. Your fucking skin was gray. Panic ensued you as you looked at your hands to see gnarly claws adorning your gray finger tips, jagged and sharp. Your screams echoed from the dumpster as you scrambled up into a corner, afraid of yourself. You looked at your legs to see they pointed inwards, strangely contorted, reminding you of the back legs of a horse. You turned your head away from yourself when black tar like bile splattered in chunks. You were disgusted and scared. Rolling as far away from the vomit puddle as you could, you noticed you were bleeding. It was coming from your lips and when you went to touch your mouth you were stabbed in the finger.

Rivulets of blood flowed from your index finger and at that moment you allowed yourself to cry. In fear, and in confusion you wept. Your hands were deformed as well. Black claws replaced your nails and scratched your face. Everything was so sharp. Attempting to stand you noticed the black detail in your legs, and you found the black shoes on your feet that you had not put on before you had died.