Prologue

A sense of warmth settled over Thomas. It calmed his mind and dissolved his thoughts. He began to forget where he was. No, he didn't want to know where he was.

What day was it?

Who were his parents?

Who was he?

The warmth made him want to retreat to the bottom of his mind and stay there. Thomas began to slip away, spiraling into the abyss. His body wouldn't move no matter how hard he tried. He screamed at his legs to move, anything, to move. It felt as if he didn't exist, like he was just a ball of nothingness, floating around. His eyes blurred.

In a last ditch attempt, Thomas moved all of his energy to his throat. He let it build with emotions. Anger, fear, desperation and hope all bubbled inside of Thomas, waiting to erupt like a volcano. He could go under any second. Pass out.

That's what he wanted.

Milliseconds before the warmth took over, Thomas pushed every emotion out. Every feeling. Every memory. Everything he could think of turned into a mighty roar. One big booming voice attacking the intruder. Pain soared through his body but he fought back. Not with his body but with his voice. Trying to force the poisonous warmth to go away.

For a second he broke free. He gained control of his body and opened his eyes.

It looked as if he were in some sort of vortex. Memories, people and places swirled around them, making him light headed all over again. However, before he went under once again, he was able to grab onto one of the people in the vortex. When he did, everything went into full focus.

The person was yelling orders at people around them and holding something in their hand. Thomas didn't care about that though, he continued to look for more details. His eyes moved to the machines around him, then, to the person's lab coat.

A word was written on it, along with a symbol. The symbol resembled the shape of an eye. The entire symbol was green except for the pupil in the middle, which was red. Thomas turned to the word. It had 11 letters.

He had almost formed the word when someone from the room shouted. "He's awake!" she yelled. The person in the lab coat Thomas was examining grabbed a needle and stuck it in him. The warm feeling returned.

Thomas was about to pass out again when he finally pieced the letters together.

Lucomocious.

Everything went black.