CHAPTER 1

(1st person POV)

( YOU AND YOUR FRIEND(S) GET INTO YOUR CAR READY FOR YOU'RE YEARLY FRIEND CAMPING TRIP THIS TIME YOU'RE FRIEND MALACHI CHOSE TO SIT THIS ONE OUT THIS YEAR. ON THE WAY TO THE TRAIL YOUR FRIEND IS TELLING YOU A URBAN LEGEND AS A JOKE ABOUT THE WOODS AND AS YOU AND YOUR FRIEND(S) ARE LAUGHING AND JOKING ABOUT IT, YOUR CAR BREAKS DOWN )

"Well shit," you say. "This shit bucket couldn't even get there. Grab yall stuff, it's not that far from us" Your friend sigh and complains "why did I even agree to this stupid hike" You laugh and get out of your car "your fault dumbass" Your other friend seems really joyful for some reason, but you shrug it off.

30 minutes later, you reach the trails, and you walk up the hill when you hear a laugh behind you, but you're in the back. You think it's just other people on a different trail, so you don't mind it. You sigh, "ok. Hey, uh, amarah, can you help me set up our tents?" You ask, and they reply, still joyful."Okay! How do I do it..." The lazy friend, Terrance, sighs annoyed,"Ugh. I'll do it. I know how" You smile in his "enthusiasm.' "Atta boy." You joke, amarah going off to the side and coughs "Guys I think I'm dying. " they laugh and make random screeches and noises. You look around and think, I think we're missing someone... Oh! We left dalon in the car! "Guys!"You laugh."He slept, and we left him.

"You holler to ama and terry "guys, I'll be right back. We left dalon!" Terry refuses, and insist that he goes with you, so ama wants to go to, bc they're too scared to be alone at night. You sigh "okay fine, you can come with me. Just don't keep me waiting. "You all run as fast as you can, ama whining and laughing, Terry next to you, and you reach the car in 70 minutes, and dalon is still asleep. "Damn, dalon. Thought you were gonna be dead. " You laugh as he wakes up. He slowly gets out of the car, hitting it on the roof. "Ow. Shit ass car." He sighed and looked at Terry. What time is it?" Terry answers out of breath still."7:37... Pm"

You sigh "Guys come on, it's dark. And I'm tired and hungry, I'm sure all yall are too, let's go. " Amarah runs ahead of you .Come on!!" And Terry groans in annoyance,"more walking..? Uugghhh.." You laugh and smile."Want to be carried?" Terry gasps playfully, almost taken back."I'm supposed to carry you, not you carry me!!" He wines. You laugh "Yeah yeah.. " Dalon scoffs."Stop being gay,  will ya pal." Terry and you laugh in sinc while walking back to camp, "pal"

(3rd person POV)

They finally make it back to their camp, and Mariah and Terry are in the same tent, Amarah and D'alon have their own separate tents, and Terry sighs. "Whatchu wanna do?" He sits down on yalls small air mattress. You shrug. "whatchu trynna do?" Mariah asks, sitting next to him. He shrugs and sighs, "I dunno. Kinda tired rn, plus we gotta do more hiking tomorrow, so.. We should go to bed. " Mariah nods and agrees."Yeah, probably, goodnight. Mariah says as she drifts off to sleep. You wake up in the middle of the night, and you're restless and can't go back to sleep. "Terry.." Mariah whispers."mmhh.. " he groans sleeply "ima go for a walk.. Ok?" Mariah says,  and he mumbles back sleeply."mmhm. Mkay, be safe. "
He rolls to his side as she gets up and  grabs the flashlight and batteries. "ok." She says, exiting the tent.

As she stepped outside, she jumped as she heard what seemingly sounds like a chainsaw. Noticing that the sound is coming from D'alon's tent. "Damn . Dalon is cutting wood over there. " She laughs at the snore. As she starts walking around, the leaves and sticks break under her feet. And she  starts hearing another pair of footsteps, and it doesn't sound like an animal. She quickly stopped walking, and it fell silent... She quickly turns to her left, and she points the flashlight to see someone. She jumped fear ready to run until she realized who it was. "JESUS!! Malachi? What are you doing here? And why don't you have a shirt on??"
Mariah sighs as she rubs the temple on her head, temporarily putting the flashlight down in the process, but pointing the flashlight up, Mariah notices he's gone. "Malach- Where you at?" She says, pointing their flashlight in different directions. She put her flashlight down , closed her eyes, and tilted her head back. You sigh and go to a tree slumping down by it. "Am I going crazy.? "She opens her eyes and stares at the stars. "Pretty. Ima go back to my ten -" They get cut off my more footsteps, and you grab your flashlight and stand up running."Aw hell naw."

Mariah finally makes it back to their tent, and they zip it closed,"Terry. Terry! " Mariah says frantically, trying not to be loud,"We have to leave.NOW!!"Mariah says in a whisper yell. Suddenly, Mariah and Terry hear an earth-shattering scream."DALON!" You both yell and run out to their tent only to be too late. A weird long creature was eating his intestines, the creature had sunken in eyes, decaying skin, a tree limb attached to it, and it was at least 10 ft tall. They get Amarah and run out of there as fast as they can with no equipment. As they start nearing the car, Amarah starts fully waking up, feeling the gravity of the situation set in they start crying while sprinting. Mariah panics and tells Terry and Amarah to get in the car now! They listen, and you get in. "Fuck!" Mariah yells "come on start you piece of shit! "  The car starts (thank god)using the last of the juice it has left. "GO GO GO GO" Amarah is yelling from the back seat as they speed off faster than ever .

"what the FUCK was that thing?!"Amarah is hyperventilating and crying,  Terry is scared and panicking, and Mariah is crying, and scared "omgongomgomgomgomg" Terry says "we lost dalon.. "Mariah is sitting quietly driving, and shaking, tears streaming down her face choked up not knowing what to do "I'm so sorry guys.. " Terry looks over at you and says "it's not your fault, I swear. You didn't know" he says crying. The rest of the ride was filled with silence,sobs, and sniffing.

They immediately drove to the nearest gas station to make sure the car doesn't shut down again. Eventually, they make it home to their shared home, with (D'alon) Terry, You, Amarah, and Malachi live in. Malachi is in the kitchen making himself a sandwich and getting a water bottle and Mariah, Amarah, and Terry stumble in crying and concern, and worry grows on his face "what happened? Are you guys ok??! Where's dalon?" Terry and ama can't talk and are hyperventilating, and Mariah is too sad to do anything except stare and sound almost mad,"dalon... He." Mariah chokes up and pauses,"dalon died. "Malachi freezes and freaks out."What? Are you messing with me? That's not a funny  joke, Mariah. Tell me the truth. Guys? Come on, tell me you're lying." He laughs and starts chuckling. Mariah and Terry look down at their feet while Amarah starts bursting into tears again. He starts zoning out, and he bites his tongue. "mhm. I'm going to bed. " Malachi says, holding everything back.

END CHAP~ >^<!