-Chapter Two- Return to Gravity Falls

Hi, my name is Mason Pines, but you can call me Dipper. Three years ago, my parents decided my sister and I could use some fresh air. They shipped us up North to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls Oregon, to stay at our great uncle's place in the woods.

My sister Mabel tended to look on the bright side of things. We are turning sixteen at the end of this summer and she has never changed her attitude since 2012. When we first arrived in Gravity Falls my sister had a boy crazy phase. She had a new crush every week. Once she had even been in love with a guy who was obsessed with puppets.

When I first arrived in Gravity Falls, I had a hard time getting used to my new surroundings. However, I have learned to adapt.

And then there is our great-uncle, Stan. At first, we thought he was a man (unaware of the weirdness that existed in Gravity Falls) who only wanted to make a quick buck. Later, we learned that he had been aware of it the entire time.

Stan has a twin brother whose name is Stanford. He's an extra cool guy who has six fingers on each hand. Thirty-three years ago, he got lost in a portal and for the next thirty years Gruncle Stan tried to bring him back. During the three decades that Ford had been gone, Stan had faked his death, had taken his brother's name, and had turned Ford's house into a tourist trap he called the Mystery Shack.

Soos was the handyman at the Mystery Shack until the end of that summer when Gruncle Stan made him the new owner. In the good old days, he sometimes went on adventures with Mabel and me.

I fell in love with Wendy during the summer we spent in Gravity Falls, but she told me I was too young for her. Since then, she has realized how stupid that statement was. We have been dating for a few months now and she is a great girlfriend.

There is also my best friend Pacifica. When we first met, we hated each other. She used to tease me and Mabel all the time. At first, I thought she was nothing but a rich spoilt brat, but that all changed when my sister, her friends and I were invited to a party at the Northwest manor. I was invited because I was supposed to exorcise a ghost. That night I found out that her parents treated her like a dog. When she disobeyed them, her father would ring a small bell to silence her. The mean things she did, was meant to hide the fact that her parents abused her.

The next summer we got closer and started bonding and eventually became best friends. Pacifica's parents, especially Preston hated the fact that we were friends. Believe it or not he once tried to bribe me. I was promised a lot of money to break all contact with her. The fact that they were not rich anymore, shows how desperate he was to get rid of me. Pacifica was even forbidden to come to our thirteenth birthday party. Luckily, they didn't find out that she had gone anyway.

Mabel and I couldn't wait to return to Gravity Falls. We are especially excited because our great uncles are also returning to Gravity Falls after their three-year sailing trip. It had always been their childhood dream to sail around the world. I wonder how many adventures Gruncle Stan and Ford have had during this time.

Before we climbed on the bus to Gravity Falls our parents revealed that we would get a huge gift at the end of the summer. We are understandably very curious. But for now, we are on our way to Gravity Falls and that is all we are thinking about. I hated bus trips, because they seemed to take forever.

                                                                      ***

Finally, there it was, the billboard announcing: Welcome to Gravity Falls.

'We're here!' Mabel screamed excitedly.

Waddles, their pet pig oinked with excitement.

When we arrived at the bus stop Soos, Melody, Wendy, Candy, Grenda and Pacifica were waiting for us.