-CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR-Someone familiar

When they entered the cave, they were surprised to find that it resembled a lab facility. All the walls had been painted white.

'Dude, this is not a cave this is a goddamn facility. I am getting strong heat signature readings. Dipper. To find Pacifica you need to take the opening on the left. Take the device with you,' Soos said handing the device to me. 'I am also getting strong readings for the crystal. Not too far from here. Good luck dude, you got this.'

'Be safe guys,' I said as I entered the narrow passageway.

Jaco and Soos disappeared from view. I looked at the readings, followed them and found the jail cell where Bill was keeping Preston and Pacifica.

'Dipper, I knew you'd come,' Pacifica said, relief all over her face.

'Of course, I would. We didn't know where to look for you. The email helped. What is Preston doing here?'

'Dipper, my father sent you the coordinates. I'll explain later. We don't have time right now.'

'I'll deal with you later,' I promised Preston.

I shot at the keyhole with my laser gun, but nothing happened.

'You need to unlock it with a special key,' Preston said.

'Where do I find it?' I asked. Behind me a familiar voice spoke up.

'Missed me, Dipshit?'

I turned around and faced someone I had known before.

'Wax Sherlock!' I cried.

'In the flesh, or should I say wax. Looking for these?' Sherlock said as he jangled the keys. 'Come and get them.' He ran away, laughing uncontrollably.

'Pacifica, I'll be right back.'

'Go kick his ass, Dipper.'

'I will. Come back here Sherlock!' I yelled as I ran after him.