-CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE-A new baby is born

Melody suddenly felt liquid running down her legs. She dropped her cup.

'Guys, my water just broke. Call the ambulance,' Melody said breathing heavily.

Soos called the hospital and the ambulance arrived twenty minutes later. Melody was rushed to hospital, Soos by her side. We jumped into our vehicles and trailed behind. When we arrived, Melody had been taken to the delivery room. We converged on the hospital's waiting room and started freaking out. Two hours later a healthy baby made its appearance. Melody placed the newborn in Soos' arms.

'What should we name our little dude?' Soos asked.

'Honey, I know what you are thinking, and we can give him the name you want,' she replied.

'Really?' he asked smiling broadly.

'Really.'

With the doctor's go ahead, Soos loaded Melody and their baby into a wheelchair and set off towards the waiting room. We all stood up.

'Everyone. I'd like you to meet Jesus Alzamirano Ramirez Jr or Soos Jr for short,' Soos said.

'Aww!' we all exclaimed.

'He is so cute,' said.

'Almost as cute as you,' I replied.

'Soos, can I hold my grandson please?' Abuelita asked.

'Of course, grandma.' He placed the baby in her arms.

'Congratulations Soos, you are a father now and I believe that you will be an awesome dad,' I said.

'Thank you, dude. Unlike my father, I will never abandon my son,' Soos promised.

It was time to allow the new parents to bond with their baby and we left. Mabel, Pacifica and I went to our new home, and checked out our new bedrooms. It had been a long, exhausting day.

'I'm so tired.' Pacifica yawned.

'Me too,' I agreed.

'I'm so glad that we were able to unpack everything last week,' she said.

'So that's where you were when you quote unquote said you were hanging out with the girls at the mall.'

'Guilty.'

'Smart move,' I commended her.

'Today was such an interesting day. First you found out that you and Mabel would live in Gravity Falls permanently, secondly my custody issue and thirdly the birth of the cutest baby boy ever.'

'Unbelievably exciting.'

'I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.'

'Ditto, and we do have a bright future ahead of us, Pacifica.'

'We should go to bed. It's late.'

'Goodnight, Pacifica.'

'Goodnight my little nerd,'

I switched off the lights and we were asleep within minutes.

                                                               ***

Somewhere deep in the forest, not too far from Gravity falls a distorted and unstable blue portal appeared. Electrical sparks flashed. A blond woman covered in dirt and scars fell out of the portal.

'Am I at the right place?' The woman said. She looked around. 'Bill, this time we will kill you,'

                                                                              The end