Prologue

Sky smiled at the yellowish orangish block. "Merry Christmas Adam!" his parents sang. He giggled and clapped his hands, hugging the block before him.

"Well son, I bet you had fun today! But it's time to go to bed," his dad told him. Sky frowned and continued to hug his block. Suddenly, a knock came at the door, turning both of the parents' attentions towards the foyer.

"Oh I'll get it!" his mom sang, standing up and walking out. His dad attempted to pick him up, put Sky held on, he didn't want to go to bed now! Then his mom screamed, causing Sky's dad to look up in urgency. "Cynthia?!" his dad yelled. He ran out of the living room, leaving Sky with his gold block.

Sky, having no idea what was going on, figured he had won, and attempted to escape outside with his block. He heard anxious murmurs at the door, but didn't pay any attention to them. Not until he heard someone say is name.

"And here is three year old, Sky?" a man asked. Sky looked up, and saw a man with glowing white eyes approaching him. "Yes," his mom replied, her voice slightly on edge. "Good good... A perfect age..." he said, kneeling on the ground, facing Sky. He slipped his hand into his coat pocket, pulling out an amulet.

"What is that...?" Sky's dad asked, unsure of what he was intending to do. The man smiled, hooking the chain around Sky's neck. A circle of gold ore surrounding some purple ore in the middle. "It's an amulet. You'll know what it is for once he is older. But for now, it protects him, so he can't get hurt. Now if you could excuse me, I have two more houses to visit," he explained. He didn't even leave time for the parents to ask questions. 

Standing up, the man walked towards the open door. "But... Aren't you nonexistent?" Sky's mom asked. The man with glowing eyes paused, then spoke, "You shouldn't believe everything Notch says."

And he left into the night, leaving Sky in wait, until he can appear in his older life to join with three others.