Chapter 149: Enemy Of My Enemy!

-AT THE NATIONAL DAGOBA ARENA-

"S-So...!  We're really here...!"  Minoru said as he fidgeted in place.  

"I'm getting nervous now...  This place is a lot bigger than I thought it would be...!"  Kyoka commented.

"I wonder what kind of challenges waits for us in there...!"  Minoru asked.  "I wonder if I can get my provisional license..."

"It isn't a matter of whether or not you can."  Aizawa said to Minoru.  "Just go and get it."

"Couldn't have said it better myself."  Devlin added.  "Overthinking things will just make you more nervous.  Best to take things like these as they come.  At least that way, you won't be so overwhelmed when the time comes for you to leap into action."

"R-right!  C-course of!"  Minoru replied.

"...  What?"  Devlin asked as he stifled a laugh.  "What did you just say?"

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional license, an entirely new world of opportunities will open up for you all.  A world that will allow you to expand your horizons beyond anything any of you have ever thought possible."  Aizawa said to the class.  "Novice eggs will become chicks, which will then hatch into semi-pros.  And should you meet the expectations of the other plumbers watching you, Space agents."

"I hope you all thought long and hard about what you guys want to do after getting your license.  Not only is it a very important decision in your futures, but also a decision as to the kind of hero that you all want to become when you grow up!"  Evelyn added.  "Well, no time like the present!  Everyone, do your best!"

"Alright, I'll become a chick!"  Denki said excitedly.

"...  The...  The chick or the...  Other kind of chick?"  Izuku asked.

"Who's the other chick you're talking about Deku-kun?"  Ochako asked with a menacing yet innocent smile.

"Wha-  No no no!  I didn't mean it like that!"  Izuku replied as Ochako's eyes glowed a bright pink.

"Hm...?"  Ochako asked.  "You look nervous.  Is there...  Something you want to tell me Deku-kun?"

"Uh...  Um...!"  Izuku thought frantically as he remembered Uravity's advice.

"If you ever want to see her smile genuinely; buy her a box of mochi while complimenting her hair. She really loves those two things the most.  But she loves them the most when you're the one complimenting her."

"Well...  I don't have any mochi on me, but..."  Izuku thought as he exhaled.  "I was just thinking that...  Your...  Hair looks really nice today...!"

Ochako blankly stares at Izuku before her face becomes

"You think so?  It was giving me so much trouble when I woke up, I'm glad you like it!"  Ochako replied happily.  "Thank you for the compliment!"

"Phew...!  Safe...!"  Izuku thought as he exhaled a breath of relief.

"This is so exciting!  I can't wait to see all kinds of different quirks other students are going to bring to this event!"  Lucy added.  "I've got my super special awesome combo move all worked out!"

"Me too!  I'm gonna splash all of the competition away!"  Mina replied.

Eijiro looks over to Devlin, who returns the exchange of glances before nodding.

"I haven't forgotten our deal.  Impress me and I'll take you under my wing."  Devlin thought as he gave Eijiro a thumbs up.

Eijiro nods and joins his classmates in the front of the group.