final

[12:57 pm]

During library duty, [Y/N] is in charge of placing books back in their respective spots on the bookshelves. She signed up for this job to fill in the wait time between her classes rather than sitting around and wasting her time. It's a good way to earn some money on the side, as well. At least she gets paid for being a tall gal and organizing books for an hour.

From time to time, random people would check [Y/N] out or ask (flirt) with her for assistance. It bothers her how these people don't care if she's busy or not, they will still shoot their shot. Sometimes, it keeps her entertained because people tend to use different tactics and pick-up lines to win her heart. It's even more entertaining when her girlfriend is supervising her. [Y/N] would jokingly flirt back just to raise their hopes and then crush them later.

[Y/N] knows it's an asshole move, but that's how she is.

At a table nearby, her girlfriend sits alone with a book in her hands. Jennie is reading the novel for her literature class while keeping tabs on the taller girl in case she gets sidetracked by other people.

Thanks to [Y/N]'s attractive looks, Jennie finds her eyes drifting away from the book and staring at her tall backside. Her perfectly fit white blouse is tucked inside her pants, and it stretches and shows off her back muscles whenever [Y/N] reaches for anything above her head. Her slender hand easily slides the books into the slots where they belong. Those long, ringed fingers remind her of last night and this morning when they were in between her legs.

Reminiscing the memory causes Jennie to cross her legs underneath the table as she straightens her back, shaking off any inappropriate thoughts before she loses her sanity. Most of the time, she has a strong resilience to keep her grounded from jumping on the tall girl—except for this morning.

[Y/N] was almost late to her class because Jennie couldn't control herself.

[Y/N] has no clue about the dirty ideas filling her girlfriend's mind as she finishes up the final stack of books on the cart.

"Hi, [Y/N]."

To her right, a blonde girl approaches her and she does that little twirl to look like a schoolgirl in crush.

[Y/N] merely glances at her without a care as she wheels the cart to the next section. She proceeds to fill the gaps in the bookshelf. "Hey..."

"Marilyn," she responds in case she forgot her name (which she did).

"Marilyn, right," [Y/N] mutters without a care.

The interaction alerts Jennie. She observes the blonde girl with a skeptical and cold glare over the top edge of her book. This is the fourth girl who has approached [Y/N] just this shift alone. Her cat eyes drill into the blonde's head as if she's burning holes through her skull. If Blondie pulls a funny trick, she'll get a piece of her mind.

"Is anything you need?" [Y/N] asks.

Marilyn twirls a strand of blonde hair around her finger. "Hmm... aside from you, I need that book up there." She points at the blue book on the highest shelf of the bookcase.

[Y/N] nervously chuckles, glancing at the brunette behind her to make sure she didn't hear her. Jennie's death glare says otherwise. [Y/N] clears her throat uncomfortably, "I'll get it for you."

[Y/N] thanks her genetics every day for being tall so she can reach the highest places. Once she grabs the book, she hands it to Marilyn and hopes she'll walk away.

However, the stubborn girl won't give up her chance of asking [Y/N] out.

"What are you doing after your shift?"