•|| Chapter 3 ||•

Aline was trying and failing to find Draco's compartment.

When Aline entered the last compartment in the train, it was five minutes before departure.

She had walked in on a lot of different scenes in various compartments.

One of the more notable times had been when she had walked in on a 2nd year Ravenclaw eating chocolate frogs that were still, oddly enough, jumping around.

A few had even hopped out of the kid's mouth while she was chewing...

Another notable time was when Aline entered a compartment to the unpleasant sight of two sixth year Hufflepuffs snogging.

Passionately.

Neither of them noticed her, so she slipped out, haunted by what she had seen.

Now, Aline walked into the last compartment, and looked so relieved (and disappointed) when she spotted Draco.

He was sitting with the group of Purebloods that they'd known since childhood.

Theodore Nott, (who was always a jerk, albeit an attractive one,)

Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle (who were basically bodyguards, large and oddly buff for 11 year olds,)

Pansy Parkinson, one of the only girls deemed appropriate for Aline to be friends with, (who Aline noticed was cuddling up to Draco)

Adrien Pucey, 2 years older, (who was fairly okay compared to Theo,) and...

Blaise Zabini.

The only one of Draco's friends who she could stand. Liked, even.

Like most of the people deemed acceptable to associate with by Draco and their parents, he was a pureblood supremicist jerk, but not a massive one.

He was basically her best friend.

In retrospect that was kind of sad for her that her best friend was a wizard racist, but she'd grown up around people like him and her brother, and who would be her best friend if he wasn't?

He was really one of the only people who cared what she had to say and respected her...

He grinned at her when he saw her. "Dear, there you are!" Aline rolled her eyes. He had been calling her that all summer, and it had yet to grow on her.

"Don't call me that. It's never going to be funny or endearing, no matter how many times you say it."

He laughed and grabbed Aline's wrist, pulling her down to sit next to him and Theo, who acknowledged her presence with a disinterested nod.

"Your brother says you were talking to pretty boy Diggory," Theo drawls.

Aline rolled her eyes. "Merlin, stop spying on me, Draco."

Blaise's head snapped up, and he looked at Aline questioningly. "Isn't he a blood traitor?"

Adrian Pucey laughed. "He's in my year, and he's a huge ladies man."

Theo's eyebrows shot up. "And you aren't?"

Aline gritted her teeth, ignoring those two's comments. She turned to Blaise.

"Mind your own business, Zabini."

Blaise raised his eyebrows. "Why were you talking to him though? He's two years older than you, a blood traitor, and a Hufflepuff."

Aline was saved answering by the sound of a girl giggling. Everyone in the compartment's eyes snap towards the sound.

It was Pansy. Her arms were wrapped around Draco, who looks extremely uncomfortable.