The Awakening (1)

Valerie without piercings

'...Cofi! Cofi, stay alive please.'

...

'...you're going to be fine, everything's going to be fine. Just keep breathing, okay? Alright...'

...

'...we're losing her! Please, do something!'

...

...

...

I woke up, and looked around for what seemed like the first time in ages. My body rested in a hospital bed. People of many variations were standing around, scribbling down notes. My vision was blurry, and my head a feather. And the bed condition? Terrible.

Someone began to speak. 'She's alive.' Murmurs of astonishment swept across the room. People started scribbling furiously at their papers. I even heard their pens scream in agony.

Two figures, who seemed to be separate from the crowd of doctors, I perceived, in a high kind of way, looked up at me. Their expressionless faces turned into faces of happiness and relief. Even as I had put on a questioning look, their smiles broadened. Well, one of their smiles.

'Cofi!' Someone said: I was not able to pick out their being.

The female jumped onto me. Now I was.

'Ack!' I spluttered. I heard cracking and crunching, most likely of my very own bones. At this, I wailed in anguish. At the discomfort of all of their weight on my body, and of the position I am in currently, making it worse.

She sprung off me, apologizing just as fast, but pulled me into a rib-breaking hug, a quick peck on the lips following after. She smiled, her eyes soft. I felt as though I remembered this, the sight of her beautiful, heaven-blessed face, but as soon as I tried to grasp the feeling, it disappeared.

'How come you don't remember us though?' she questioned, looking back at the man. 'We didn't do anything to alter your memory, did we?' he shook his head. I honestly couldn't tell if she's talking to me or to him.

The doctors stood, mouths wide open. They tried to speak, but no words came out.

I tried to get up, but felt a sharp stab of pain in my back. Someone assured me to lay down, but I sat upright.

'Ms Whrite, I advise you not to make any unnecessary movements: you've just woken up from a coma...' A concerned one said, worry settling in their eyes. But did I know them? No, no I did not. I wanted to ask why they care, but instead:

'Who's Whrite...?' I questioned. The room stayed silent. Overwhelmingly silent I should say. Wind wafting through windows was all I could hear. 'Okay, great answer.' I started. 'Who are you guys?' I said, pointing at the two peculiar people.

No one answered until 'I'm your brother.' said the man, straightening himself; then: 'I'm the one who kicks you every morning to wake you up.' Informed the female. I scoffed.

My brother had white hair, and his purple orbs glinted, like flashlights. My "wake up call" had long, blue hair, blue eyes and many piercings.

'What are your names?'

'Tyler Whrite.'

'Valerie–'

A doctor, whose name was Bianca as said, interrupted Valerie. She said that they shouldn't engage in conversation with the patient, as though it is conspicuous. I rolled my eyes; however, she continued to speak.

'Even though you might not agree with me, Ms Whrite,' she declared bitterly. 'I am doing this for your safety. If this hospital didn't pay me double to be here, I'd be attending some other patient right now.'