✰. . . you what?!

CHAPTER TWELVE [ real life , instagram ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
[ real life , instagram ]

real life!

"YOU WHAT?!"

chris laughed nervously, watching as lilah stepped away from him in shock.

"will you be my fake girlfriend?" chris asked again, sheepishly looking at delilah. her mouth was open and she was shocked. out of all the things that have come out of chris's mouth..  this, stunned her.

"you're joking, right?"

"..no?"

delilah blinked, staring at him like he possessed three eyes. "chris why on earth do you need a fake girlfriend. go get a real one!" lilah advised, waving her hand around to prove her point. chris then opened his mouth to respond but then lilah quickly added onto her previous statement "—that isn't me!"

chris let out a big sigh. "please! i've been doing everything to try and get caitlin to like me, only me. and i know she does but she's just constantly around that finn dude to even see it!" chris began his explaination, stopping momentarily to see if lilah was following along. "..i know you like finn, the girls told me, and i like caitlin. im thinking if we pretend to be together that hopefully it will make them jealous"

"chris.." lilah trailed off, unsure

"lilah, please. i've never felt this way about a girl before.." chris stared at her with pleading eyes. she would hate to say no to him but she wasn't sure about the idea.

"how do you know she reciprocates the feelings and you're not just chasing after false hope?" lilah asked, needing to check.

"i just know that she likes me. caitlin's just being stubborn about it all" chris replied, taking a breath before talking again "look, it's a win-win situation.. you get finn, and i get caitlin"

"get? what the hell are we doing? buying them?" lilah looked at him puzzled. chris ran a frustrated hand through his hair, annoyed he couldn't find the right words.

"no, i didn't mean it like that..." he huffed "look, i've never felt this way about a girl before, like ever. i won't forgive myself if i don't atleast try and fight for my feelings with caitlin" lilah saw the way chris's eyebrows furrowed together as he stared at her with desperation.

she didn't want to do it, but with the way chris described his feelings, they were strong. she couldn't help but think of how devastated he would become if she turned his offer down. and she couldn't forgive herself if she was the cause of his sadness.