𝟎𝟑 | 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆 𝖋𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊

"YOU HAVE A CHILD?" Maria Lowman slowly sank into the free chair that stood between her son and Tessa, occupying the last seatᅳ she didn't need any more chairs and when visitors came, she simply fetched a chair from the living room

Shock had settled over her swollen, bruised face after she overheard a few snippets of the conversation between her son and Tessa. The attempt to get some sleep had failed, so Maria decided to talk to Tessa right away and ask her to stay here.

And, although it may not have been right, she had listened behind the wall for a while before stepping through the arch into the kitchen.

"Uh, you heard us?" Tessa asked meekly. Signing, she gave the woman a slight nod. "Yeah, I have a child."

"What a mess", Happy grunted as he rubbed his face with his hand and tossed the toothpick from his lips onto the table. "Why didn't you ever say anything?"

"And why isn't your baby here with you?" Concerned, Maria placed a hand on her chest, swallowing quietly as she thought of how awful it would've been for her if someone had withheld Happy from her. "Why is he taking your son away from you?"

Listening to all the questions and having no answers was why Tessa kept her mouth shut all those years. Well, she had answers, but any of them would make her seem weak and she couldn't really reconcile that with her ego. It was already enough that she hated herself for being so fucking weak, she didn't need anyone else doing that beside her.

But what choice did she have? For once she had to overcome her pride and ask for helpᅳ it was about her son, her baby, her whole world.

"He, uh", Tessa snorted, overwhelmed, needing another attempt to let the words slip past her lips. "He knows that I'll do anything he wants and would never betray him as long as he has Sawyerᅳ that's the only reason why I'm still living with my father at twenty-one. Well, and because I didn't want to leave you alone with him", she told Maria with a sigh.

"Sawyer? What a beautiful name." For a brief moment Maria's eyes lit up before her face contorted in anger. "How can he do something like that? Where is your son, sweetie? How old is he anyway? And have you tried to take legal action? We can help you! We will, right?", she quickly looked at her son.

Happy still didn't know what to think about the whole thing. Actually, that was even more reason to kill Mikael. That way Tessa would have her son back and the guy would get what he deservesᅳ killing two birds with one stone.

"We will help." Without hesitation, he nodded at his mother's words before his dark eyes locked with Tessa's. "You'll get your son back, I promise. And then I'll take care of the wanker."

"I appreciate your help, I really doᅳ and I need the help", she admitted with a murmur as she continued to pick at her black, manicured nails, the nail polish already starting to peel off. "But it's not that easy. I can't afford a lawyer and so I have little chance of winning. Sawyer lives with my aunt, Mike's sister. She's a bitch and just as horrible as my dadᅳ so I really need to get him back."