6

A sick little is your least favourite thing.

Waking up to one of them wailing because of a congested nose and a burning fever isn't pleasant at all.

The boys have been healthy for the last three to four months, but guess the flu season is back. You hurry closer to a crying Soonyoung and swiftly pick him up walking out of the room.

Soonyoung lies, head on your shoulder, hands around your neck and lowly wailing. You coo and whisper sweet words in his ears calming him down.

Soonyoung has regressed into his youngest space, six years, and looks up at you with his puffy eyes as you place him on the kitchen slab.

"Aigoo, is my baby tired?" He nods and clings to your arm with a small whine. "It's alright, Mumma can take the fever away, but baby has to listen to Mumma, hmm?"

He stays silent as you prepare a cup of milk for him and a bowl of ice water. You come back and carry him into the living room.

Placing him down on your lap, you hand him the milk and Soonyoung shakes his head with pouty lips.

"Isn't Mumma's Soonie a good boy?" He stares up at you with glossy eyes and you caress his cheeks putting the glass of milk down.

He lies close to your chest as you damp a towel in ice water and place it on his burning forehead. A whine of protest rises from the little as he tries to bat your hand away. You wrap his hands closer to his body and Soonyoung starts weeping in response.

"Baby, you know whom did Mumma meet earlier?" The statement has Soonyoung look up to you,

"Mumma met Mr Virus earlier, you know what he said? He told me that, he was going to get inside kids who don't listen to their Mumma," Soonyoung by that time was fully invested in the story and you quietly placed the towel back on his forehead that had him squirm uncomfortably.

"Then Mumma said, My baby is not like that. I told Mr Virus that my Soonie would always listen to Mumma. Now won't you?" You ask gazing into his tired eyes and Soonyoung nods a little.

You smile and peck his forehead before wetting the towel once again. You hold up the milk in front of his lips and Soonyoung hesitates before taking a sip.

After the glass of milk comes the syrup.

"Baby, do you want Mr Virus to continue living in you?"

"He is inside of me?" He asks rubbing his eyes and you nod.

"Yes, that's why my baby is tired. Now what should we do?" You ask grazing your fingers along your chin,

"Make him go away," He mumbles with a small tug on your top.

"Oh yes, we should make him go away. Ahh, Mumma is stupid to not think of that," You shake your head reaching for the syrup.

Even though, Soonyoung wanted to feel better the syrup bottle was not a part of his plan.

His change of expression didn't go unnoticed by you as you picked up on the story again.

"And do you know what did Mr Virus do to Jimin Samchon? One day he got inside Samchon too," You continue as you measure out the syrup,

"Mr Virus started making Samchon tired and Samchon quickly drank Mumma's magic potion," You hold up the orange-coloured syrup in the measuring cup,

"Once Samchon drank this, he was all better and Mr Virus ran out of him with a cry," Soonyoung willingly gulps down the medicine as you heave a sigh.

Soonyoung scrunches his face at the bitter orange taste and nuzzles further into your chest as your fingers run along his curls. You rock him from side to side humming out an old song and Soonyoung soon falls asleep.