OUAT: A Story of Hope

Written By: L.M. Ruby
With Collaborations from: Amy Thomas

Book Cover created by me using the Desygner app.

(I do not own any rights to the original ABC series of 'Once Upon a Time' or its characters, this is a Fan-Fiction Continuation to the original series that I wrote for fun, based off those characters.)

Introduction:

   All good Fairy Tales usually start out in the same general way, featuring a damsel in distress, an antagonist, a prince and/or savior who swoops in to save the day. All while discovering along the way that the power of true love will always conquer over all.
In ABC's "Once Upon A Time" we all got a deeper look into those classic stories and familiar characters that we all grew up with. We fell in love with the heroes and some of the villains who later became good, who in their own way became heroes themselves. Like many of you, I found it a riveting tale, one I was sad to see come to an end. As an amateur writer who noticed that many of our beloved 'Disney' characters were left out of the series, ones I  felt could have had a place in the OUAT universe. There definitely could have been more to the story. Like what if the story didn't just end there at season Seven?
In fact, what if all that was just another new beginning...? The beginning of the next generation ... New tales with a twist of the old.
Their stories should be shared and told too. So as a huge fan of the OUAT series, who never wanted to see its end, I bring you this FanFiction saga.
  Continuing the lives of the loveable-relatable fairytale characters we all grew to adore, and not just the ones from the OUAT series. I also threw in a lot of new characters that I felt deserved a place in this story, ones I  felt shouldn't have been left out.

In this fanfiction, we explore how our favorite OUAT heroes and heroines have come into their own; raising families and watching them grow. Not to mention how the community they have in the ever growing town of Storybrooke, Maine. The kids, who are now in their late-teens/early twenties, and are ready to start on their own paths to their own adventures.

So without further adieu, as all famous tales begin...

"Once Upon a Time, in Storybrooke Maine..."

Chapter 1
Storybrooke's Descendants

  Twenty years after 'the Good Queen' Regina's crowning coronation, the kingdom of Storybrooke and all the surrounding kingdoms that were summoned secretly into this realm;
   "The realm without magic they used to call it. But looking around the place now, you'd find that hard to believe." -Hope Jones (Hook and Emma Swan's daughter) jokingly mocked to her uncle, Prince Neal ( Snow White and King Charming's son-who was technically only a few years older than she was).
The two were walking through downtown Storybrooke passing a giant and a bunch of other magical creatures as they headed for the car to drive down to the town's border.

   Storybrooke had certainly grown after a conjunction of the kingdoms. Magic had brought all the different storybook realms to reside here as one kingdom hidden right in the middle of Maine. Which was, of course, sealed off by magic from the rest of the world.
The 'Good Queen' Regina did well with keeping the peace among the lands surrounding their once tiny town. She and her council of elders-who are made up of Snow White and Charming, Emma and Hook, Tiana, Future Henry, Alice and Robyn, Maleficent and of course Zelena as her right hand 'woman'.
   Though they are all somewhat older now, they delegate and continue to watch and protect the town's progress through an enchanted crystal ball located in the center of Storybrooke's new town hall. Regina lives in the old town hall-converting it into a home, and Future Henry who is now Mayor resides in her old dwelling. (The house he grew up in)-With his wife and daughter Lucy.
   At the moment, the council of elders were all keeping a watchful eye on young Neal and Hope. As they always did whenever they were sent out on a mission. They, as well as all the others within their peer group, are the future of Storybrooke, so the elders would often spy on them through the crystal's glass. Just in case if there was ever a need to intervene, which in these times of peace, never occurred.