03

Minjae's pov

I was on my bed when my mother suddenly called me. I wonder what she wants now? Don't tell me she needs me to do her documents again? I'm a student but why do I need to do her work too? Seriously, this is tiring.

"Yes, mom?"

"Can you help me with the documents again?"

"Sure." I know I can refuse because she asked me if I can help her or not but of course 'No' isn't the answer she wants. At least the work isn't that hard. I sat down on the chair while she went to take a shower before going out somewhere. It's already night time and she still wants to go out to meet her friends.

After 10 minutes I'm finally done with the documents. I put it on the desk beside her bed before walking back to my room. "I'm so sleepy but I need to finish this drama.." My eyelid feels heavy and I almost lose grip on the phone.

"Ha Minjae!!!"

Hearing my name being called, I immediately rushed outside. It's coming from my mother's room. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about this. When she called me, her voice sounded like she's mad. "Yes..?"

"Where's the documents? One of the documents is missing!"

"I put it on the desk," I walked towards the desk and counted the documents that's supposed to have 10 sheets but there's only nine. Where is it? I'm sure I put it here. I crouched down to see if the paper dropped to the floor and maybe under the bed or something but I couldn't find it.

"Are you trying to ruin my work?"

"What? No!!" How could she say that?! It's really there just now. I put it nicely on the desk. How could it go missing just like that? Oh no.. she's going to be mad.

"You said it's on the desk. You're lying! How am I going to send it to my boss tomorrow? I knew it. I know you hate me right that's why you tried to ruin my work by hiding the documents. Where are the documents?!" She shouted at me and I couldn't hold the tears any longer.

Why is it my fault? Why would I lie? What will I gain from lying? Why is this happening to me?

"I'm not lying.." I sat on the floor, looking down so that she couldn't see me crying but she heard me sobbing.

"Why are you crying? Hey, you bitch. Did I hit you? Who gives you permission to cry?" She grabbed my arm harshly, forcing me to look at her.

"No.. mom.." I tried to wipe the tears.

"Why are you so useless? Everyone in this house really stressed me out!" She left, closing the door and I broke down into tears once again.

I cried and cried till I had no more tears to spill more. It's already been two hours since I sat on the floor, not moving other than crying. I tried to think again. Is it really my fault?

Suddenly the door opened and my brother was standing by the door. "Hey, are you going to sit there forever? Mom already left. Dad told me to get you for dinner."

"Leave me alone."

"Alright if you say so but don't forget to eat." He closed the door.

I don't want to eat. I don't want to see anyone right now. You guys act like you care when you don't. If you really care, why does no one come to me and defend me when mother scolds me for no reason? It's always been this way. I cried, I begged, because of mother and in front of them but they only watched.

I walked back to my room, feeling exhausted from crying. I know my eyes are going to look ugly the moment I wake up next morning. I went straight to my study desk when I accidentally swung my hand at the vase before it fell and shattered on the floor.