Chapter 2

WHILE THE REEF children were teaching the Sully kids their ways, you made your way over to Jake's mauri, to introduce yourself

WHILE THE REEF children were teaching the Sully kids their ways, you made your way over to Jake's mauri, to introduce yourself. Your heart was pounding. You started to pick at your skin from how anxious you were to approach Jake.

You inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to calm yourself down. You nodded your head at yourself ready to continue to walk. Once you arrived to Jake's mauri, you peaked inside to see if anyone was home. You swallowed the lump in your throat when you saw Jake, you backed up a bit from the mauri and called for him.

"Hello? Jake Sully?" You asked in a gentle manner. Jake's ears perked up at the mention of his name. He turned around and stood up from his position. His pupils dilated when he saw you. "Yes, Lei'wa, is there something you need?" He asked as he made his way over to you.

Your cheeks turned a bright shade of pink when he was in front of you. He was very tall. You looked up at him with your doe eyes. "I just came over to introduce myself, I will also be teaching you our ways sir." You replied softly.

He got lost in your eyes, he couldn't help but admire how beautiful they are. "Excuse me, Jake Sully, are you alright?" You asked noticing that he zoned out. He quickly snapped out of his trance. "Oh. Right. Sorry. It's nice to meet you Lei'wa, your the daughter of Tonowari and Ronal correct?" He asked as he raised one of his brows.

"Yes sir." You responded nodding your head slowly. "Oh and please call me Jake sweetheart." He replied back with a small smile. Your cheeks heated up at the sudden nickname. It stirred something inside of you. After an intense silence Jake spoke up. "Well we should uh get going."

"Oh yes of course, right this way." You replied as you started walking leading Jake to where the Tsuraks were resting. Once the both of you got there you were met by your father Tonowari and two other warriors waiting for you and Jake's arrival.

"I see you sempul." You said as you approached your father in the waters. "I see you Ma'Ite." He replied back with a gentle smile. He nodded his head at Jake along with a smile as-well. "Come Jake Sully, today you'll be learning how to ride a tsurak, my daughter will be teaching you." Tonowari said to Jake waving him over to the male tsurak.

Jake mounted the creature with confidence. You swam over to him. "Before diving in make sure you have a good position." You said reassuringly. "I got this Lei'wa no worries." Jake replied with a playful wink. That simple gesture gave you butterflies.

Your cheeks started to heat up, you chuckled nodding your head at him. "Alright let's see what you've got Jake." You responded with a small grin.

It took Jake a while to bond with the creature, but eventually he got it. You were happy that Jake was able to learn pretty quickly, most warriors take longer than Jake. The sun finally set on the Awa'atlu village, you were walking back to your mauri after collecting some seashells from the beach nearby. As you were walking you passed by the Sully's mauri. They were having dinner while chit chatting about how their day went.

Your ears perked up at the mention of your name. You didn't like to eavesdrop on others but hearing your name made you become curious. You hid behind a tree that was close to their hut.

"Lei'wa is sooo pretty, isn't she dad?" Tuk's innocent voice asked Jake. "Yes Tuk she is very beautiful. Now eat your dinner before it gets cold baby." Jake replied ruffling her hair. The Sully boys chuckled and gave each other knowing looks. While Kiri playfully rolled her eyes at the two.

Your heart thumped at Jake's response. Your eyes went slightly wide. And your cheeks became pink. You quickly walked away before anyone could see you. The rest of the walk home, you had a huge smile on your face thinking about Jake Sully.

Vocabulary:
Sempul - Father
Ma'Ite - My daughter

Chapter 2 is officially completed!!! :)))