Chapter 21

Seokjin had been down the whole day.

Hoseok and Yoongi were looking for Jungkook and he just said he did not see him, which was the truth.

After yesterday's event, the two understood that there's already hidden understanding between Seokjin and Jungkook, however, Seokjin is being hurt because they are not honest with each other. Their kind of friendship is still a mystery for them but they are aware now how Seokjin feels about Jungkook.

Seokjin started to regret the words he said to Jungkook but as Jimin mentioned, this is part of the process and eventually he'll be healed.

"You should eat." Hoseok said during their lunch.

"I will later, but right now I am not hungry." Seokjin answered looking at his phone hoping Jungkook would message him.

"Seokjin, did you fight with Jungkook about yesterday?" Yoongi asked and he was elbowed by Hoseok.

Seokjin looked at them but shook his head. How would he tell these people about the kind of relationship they have? He doubts that they'll understand.

"Stop asking and just eat." Hoseok said to Yoongi but the latter still observes Seokjin. He sighed when Seokjin still did not talk.

"Rosè is here." Hoseok whispered to Yoongi but Seokjin heard it. He looked at her as if he wanted to bury her six-feet under. However, he was surprised to see her with swollen eyes and she dresses unlike the usual. She's just plain today.

"Something's different with her." Yoongi said.

"I agree." Hoseok answered observing Rosè, too.

"Let's not mind her. She's not worth it anyway." The two said as they looked at Seokjin.

Seokjin just wanted to go home that day, did not even pay attention to the conversation of his friends even though he also observed how Rosè's face is distinctively awful than usual. He just clicked his tongue and wore his bag.

"Where are you going?" Hoseok asked.

"Rooftop." He simply said, then left with a thump.

"Should we follow him?" Hoseok asked looking at his friend.

"No. Give him some time alone. He needs it." Yoongi answered as he ate Jin's food.

Hoseok just sighed. "Should I message Jungkook?"

"Yeah. As if he can run from where he is to here."

Hoseok sighed again. "I feel so useless."

"We all are when it comes to love." Yoongi said.

***********

Seokjin opened the door harshly at the rooftop.

"Chill! The door will not do anything to you."

Seokjin was surprised and looked at the source of the voice.

"You scared me, hyung." He said to Namjoon who was currently smoking.

"If you are mad at Jungkook, you should not blame the door." Namjoon said.

Seokjin sat beside him and said, "I am not blaming the door. I am just mad and that's it."

"Don't be, it's not worth it."

"Joonie-hyung, it hurts." He said, burying his face between his knees and chest.

"I don't know how love hurts but I am telling you it will surpass."

"Will it?" He asked Namjoon, still hiding his face.

"It will. The pain will be gone before you know it." He said. "You did not eat your lunch, you'll get thin."

"I don't care. I want Kookie."

"I'll buy you cookies." Namjoon said.

Seokjin pouted at him.

"I'm just kidding." Namjoon said with a chuckle.

Seokjin was about to hit Namjoon when the rooftop door opened again.

"Jinnie, your class will start soon." Jimin said finding them.

Seokjin put down his feet and stood up.

"Thank you for reminding me, Jiminie-hyung. I'll go now, Joonie-hyung." He said then left.

Namjoon nodded at him and he went with Jimin.

"Let's go?" Jimin asked and Seokjin nodded.

**********

Seconds became hours. Hours became days. Days became weeks.

Seokjin thought it will be easy but it's not getting easier. It's getting worse.

Jimin and Namjoon are also getting worried because they haven't seen Seokjin eat as usual. He's usually a foodie but he got thinner because he would usually take a bite or two and then he'll say that he's already full.

"Did you tell him?" Namjoon asked.

"I did not. Do you have the strength to tell him?" Jimin said glaring at Namjoon.

"He'll make me blind or handicap." Namjoon said with a shiver, imagining what will happen to him.

"I miss going out with Yoongi." Jimin said with a sigh.

"Same with Hoseok." Namjoon said looking at Seokjin's room.

"Let's clean these." Jimin said referring to their dinner and Namjoon followed.

Jimin went to Seokjin's room and checked on him.

"Jinnie, will you be sleeping now? It's still early for the weekend. Would you like to go out?"

"No, hyung. I'm tired from school work. I will stay at home." Seokjin answered.

"Didn't Hoseok and Yoongi invited you?"

"I'm not in the mood. Maybe next week." He said then laid down again. "I am sleepy, hyung. We can talk more tomorrow. Thank you for checking on me." He said then closed his eyes.

"Should I turn off the lights?" Jimin asked and Seokjin nodded.

**********

Seokjin was still awake in his room when he heard a certain sound outside. He was startled upon hearing it. It's supposedly quiet outside since Namjoon and Jimin were asleep already, unless they decided to go out.

He looked at the time and it was already 2 in the morning. He thinks it's impossible for the two to go out at this time and to leave him suddenly without telling him. He decided to call Jimin but the latter is not answering the call.

He called Namjoon instead and he answered.

"Hey, Jinnie, are you okay?"

"Y-yes. Did you go out with Jiminie-hyung?" Seokjin asked.

"No, Jinnie. I was asleep and Jimin said he'll also be sleeping." Namjoon said sleepily.

"Oh, okay."

"Why, Jinnie?"

"Nothing. Go to sleep, hyung." Seokjin said and ended the call.

Seokjin was about to close his eyes when he heard someone's footsteps at the corridor. He got scared so he stood up and took the baseball bat near his bed that Jungkook asked him to keep.

He went near his door and made sure that he won't be seen when it was opened. He looked for his open to call Jimin or Namjoon again but he realized that he left it on the bedside.

His heart is beating so fast when his door was suddenly being opened and it got faster when he saw the door opened by a man. He positioned himself to hit the man that entered his room when he actually turned to look at him and was stopped suddenly.

The man then turned on his lights.

Seokjin's eyes widened upon seeing the person who just entered his room.

"Jinnie..."

"Kookie?!" Seokjin asked in surprise.